the price of used stuff

Shoot the breeze here.
Gordy United States of America

Re: the price of used stuff

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 am Apparently Ford filed for a patent on their electric cars to drive themselves to the bank if you can no longer make payments :rofl:
I heard that too ;)

:cheers:
Gordy
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

For me the worst price updates are for our own GT parts!!! Just one example is a common item on Ebay (a hood pin). Basically a piece of rod with a hole half way for a split pin ... yeah you know what I am talking about. Not even stainless but just common steel.. Typically price is just shy of $20... really! the price of steel rod is now basically 5x it's new price because it is described as a Case/Ingersoll part? My advice -- never buy this part. Buy a short length of stainless and follow the directions in the CAD files here to make your own. Heck, buy a longer length of stainless and make several to sell to friends and get yours for free.. There are so many other parts too. It seems now that, at least since Ingersoll went out of business that prices of are GT parts have quadrupled and caused a whole lot of profiteering happening - it doubles and triples the profit to part out our GT's for parts to sell rather than to sell a GT complete. Unless we, as enthusiasts fight back and reject these excessive prices it will continue and get worse and result in more and more GT's being off the market for good..

Yours choice guys
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Some people can afford it, nothing one can do about that. :114:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Gordy »

ras101 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:14 pm For me the worst price updates are for our own GT parts!!! Just one example is a common item on Ebay (a hood pin). Basically a piece of rod with a hole half way for a split pin ... yeah you know what I am talking about. Not even stainless but just common steel.. Typically price is just shy of $20... really! the price of steel rod is now basically 5x it's new price because it is described as a Case/Ingersoll part? My advice -- never buy this part. Buy a short length of stainless and follow the directions in the CAD files here to make your own. Heck, buy a longer length of stainless and make several to sell to friends and get yours for free.. There are so many other parts too. It seems now that, at least since Ingersoll went out of business that prices of are GT parts have quadrupled and caused a whole lot of profiteering happening - it doubles and triples the profit to part out our GT's for parts to sell rather than to sell a GT complete. Unless we, as enthusiasts fight back and reject these excessive prices it will continue and get worse and result in more and more GT's being off the market for good..

Yours choice guys
Did that come with free shipping? I see what you are saying, but I hear people always complaining about the price to get something fixed at the local repair shop. People forget the shop has to pay wages, a % for profit, heat, electricity, supplies... So whoever striped that tractor down had to buy it, go get it, take time to strip it down, package the part for shipping, run it up to the post office... plus the profit %.

Everything is going up. I just got my property tax proposal for 2024. The property value (with no improvements in the last 15 years) went up $76,000 usd from the 2023 figure. So not only do I get to pay more in taxes, the homestead deduction is on a sliding scale so will drop from $8,566 in 2023 to $2,752 in 2024 :cuss: Our state has something like 13 billion excess $$$, the discussion is how to spend it NOT give back what they stole :cuss:

:headbash:
Gordy

Post by ras101 »

Yeah Gordy, some had free shipping but frankly that is mute! why pay for an item that cost less than $3 new with paying $20 with shipping? I guess I am cheap, on a pension, or both! I frankly make a lot of my parts, I have a mini lathe, drill press, band saw/cut off saw, and above all a brain too. Things like hood pins, seat pin, etc. are a no brainier and should be for any of our members. a vice and a drill are all you need! Most of the time even a hack saw works!!!! Any use other than stainless steal should not even be an option in my opinion.

Post by ras101 »

I guess some members got a little wrong impression of my previous posts. To make it very clear, to me, parting out one of our GT's should be the last thing people think about!! period. When we as enthusiasts support their greed by parting out a perfectly good GT for profit it really makes me sad...
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Gordy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:17 am
Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 am Apparently Ford filed for a patent on their electric cars to drive themselves to the bank if you can no longer make payments :rofl:
I heard that too ;)

Gordy
Yup. This week GM announced it was discontinuing android auto and apple car play for custom software written by google only on electric vehicles. This custom software requires a subscription for things android auto and apple car play provided for free. Some of the automakers are switching to subscription based options to generate revenue 🙄

Android auto and apple car play offer free services on your cars infotainment system like GPS that the automakers typically charged for.
Ingersoll 4016

Post by Gordy »

ras101 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:39 pm I guess some members got a little wrong impression of my previous posts. To make it very clear, to me, parting out one of our GT's should be the last thing people think about!! period. When we as enthusiasts support their greed by parting out a perfectly good GT for profit it really makes me sad...
Absolutely fab the parts you can, I do :thumbsup: And ya I hate to see a tractor parted out. But at some point a blown engine, bad hydraulic pump ect make the tractor too expensive for many to justify a repair. And salvaged parts from eBay have made it possible for me and many others to keep our tractors running :thumbsup:

Gordy