Motor heads

Shoot the breeze here.
ssmewing United States of America

Re: Motor heads

Post by ssmewing »

We buried my best friend in 1986. He had the speed thing bad. Cars, bikes, quads, he had it all.

He died in a single-vehicle crash, due to excessive speed. It was a Fastback Mustang with the final touch of his modifications done the day before, new tires.

I thought it was dream talk but I later learned it was not. He kept saying to me that he was going to buy a Yamaha dealership and I was going to be the manager. He, the mechanic. I was nearly done with my business degree.

Found out that his mother was 2nd on the ladder for a large local brick plant. She had been leaving the first digit off her income she told her family for a long time. She was hiding her income, from the family, had paid cash for everything they had, and was making payments on the non-existent loans out of the fake income for the family. She was working on buying the Yamaha dealership before Mark died. It was likely to close on the deal later that year. How life can turn as you make choices. Or, others near you make choices.
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

ssmewing wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:56 pm We buried my best friend in 1986. He had the speed thing bad. Cars, bikes, quads, he had it all.

He died in a single-vehicle crash, due to excessive speed. It was a Fastback Mustang with the final touch of his modifications done the day before, new tires.

I thought it was dream talk but I later learned it was not. He kept saying to me that he was going to buy a Yamaha dealership and I was going to be the manager. He, the mechanic. I was nearly done with my business degree.

Found out that his mother was 2nd on the ladder for a large local brick plant. She had been leaving the first digit off her income she told her family for a long time. She was hiding her income, from the family, had paid cash for everything they had, and was making payments on the non-existent loans out of the fake income for the family. She was working on buying the Yamaha dealership before Mark died. It was likely to close on the deal later that year. How life can turn as you make choices. Or, others near you make choices.
Senor year of HS I had a classmate prove the poster on the wall was true. Picture of a big oak tree and the caption read "60 to 0 in .001 seconds". Too fast around a corner, some loose gravel and the tree on the other side of the ditch. His dad came with the loader tractor picked the bike up and took it home, then dug a hole in the hog pen and buried the bike. He said NO part of that bike would be responesable for another death.

:cheers:
Gordy
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I lost a friend in HS too. Going way to fast in an old car that couldn’t handle that kind of speed. He lost control, and you know the rest. All these years later when a song comes on the radio they played at the funeral I have a hard time listening to it.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

image.png
looks like it would be fun in the snow covered fields .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder