Can’t handle the cold, anymore.

Shoot the breeze here.
Eugen Canada

Re: Can’t handle the cold, anymore.

Post by Eugen »

@RoamingGnome Gerry! :worship: that is next level stuff! When I grow up I want to be like you! I'm training as we speak. :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
keith Canada

Post by keith »

Brrrrrr! Just thinking about those cold days at work makes retirement that much better. :coffee:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@RoamingGnome glad you were able to retire from that stuff. My finger and toes are aching just looking at the pictures!
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:46 pm I don't necessarily hate the cold or the winter . There are some up side to it . Threes are pretty after a snow fall . Makes everything bright and clean white , well for awhile anyways . We that have snow , DON'T have all those nasty poisonous creatures they have in the warmer climates . Cold of winter makes you appreciate the warmer weather more .
I just hate not being able to function in the cold and all the extra work it involves .

Hehe. Ya no mosquitos or earwigs around this time of year. Trees covered in snow, are sorta nice, if I’m inside looking out.
Had to clean the driveway late this afternoon. Pretty well froze to death. Fingers and toes. And John Deere tractor had heated seat.

Come on spring.

I know for some reason I’m gunna get a picture of a spring soon.

Noel.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

propane1 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:52 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:46 pm I don't necessarily hate the cold or the winter . There are some up side to it . Threes are pretty after a snow fall . Makes everything bright and clean white , well for awhile anyways . We that have snow , DON'T have all those nasty poisonous creatures they have in the warmer climates . Cold of winter makes you appreciate the warmer weather more .
I just hate not being able to function in the cold and all the extra work it involves .

Hehe. Ya no mosquitos or earwigs around this time of year. Trees covered in snow, are sorta nice, if I’m inside looking out.
Had to clean the driveway late this afternoon. Pretty well froze to death. Fingers and toes. And John Deere tractor had heated seat.

Come on spring.

Noel.
Blowing snow with the new Cab on the 446 is nice warm and cozy . That with out a heater in it . If the sun is shining , it is down right balmy in there . :giggle:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Great pics Gerry, thanks for posting just to remind us retired folks what it’s like. I worked inside most of my working career but some fab shops were a bit chilly in the dead of winter. I never minded the cold hunting and trapping when I was younger. I remember welding out in the cold repairing snow plows and the like. Now I’m retired and only out in the cold as a necessity, like during the blizzard. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:21 pm
propane1 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:52 pm

Come on spring.

Noel.
Blowing snow with the new Cab on the 446 is nice warm and cozy . That with out a heater in it . If the sun is shining , it is down right balmy in there . :giggle:
I believe it Dave. Keeping the wind and fine snow off you, is the thing. The couple of times son used the new to him ford tractor with cab, he says, I’m not cold in it. With out the heat on.

Noel
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Eugen wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:11 am Sorry to hear you guys! My sign to go in is fingers and toes frozen, as my core temperature is usually fine. I bought a new pair of boots this winter, hoping my feet won't be cold. They are rated to -100C/-148F. Well, my feet were still getting cold yesterday at only -12C/10F. I thought I buy a quality item from Baffin, a Canadian company. :furious: I'm going to make fur inserts.

That's my ramble about cold weather! :D
Makes you wonder if it's the material that's rated to -100C... like the material stays flexible at those temps.
Ingersoll 4016
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Who in their right mind would be out in -100C any way. I wonder who they suckered into testing that out. Hehe. And say, my feet are not cold. Hehehe.

Noel
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

When working hard outside in -0f range my upper body can be sweating profusely and hands and feet freezing. Use those one time use hand and boot warmers, they do work. Modern electric socks and gloves work well to, BUT don't search for them if you have a weak heart, the better ones are OMG $$$

Now I don't give much credence to online doctors, But if you look up "Ken Berry Iodine" on you tube you will see the commenters are all favorable. For the cold hands and feet he is saying those of us away from the coast lines don't eat enough seafood and are suffering a Iodine deficiency.

You may notice Ken Berry MD is a proponent of the carnivore diet. I am easing out the carbs and feeling better, and in the last 4 week lost 5 pounds. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Gordy