What do yas think ?

Shoot the breeze here.
Eugen Canada

Re: What do yas think ?

Post by Eugen »

Nice to have those lights blowing snow at night!

What size wheels at the back?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Eugen wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:48 am Nice to have those lights blowing snow at night!

What size wheels at the back?
Same as 400 series Case. 8-16 Eugen.

Noel
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:47 am Those light are bright . Higher up sure spreads it out to . You got any close ups of those lights ? Looks like the ones I have been using from PA . and they through a ton of light .
I’ll get a picture for you Dave. Maybe tomorrow. Son wants to play with it in the garage, just looking at it and changing the oil and stuff. So I’ll have to see if I get there. Truck acted up today and not drivable. Runs. But not drivable. Electric trouble. Not mechanical. Far as I can figure. I’m sorta thinking converters. But son doesn’t think so. Over drive on and off light flashing in dash. Start it up and it’s hunting a bit on idle. Put into drive, hold brake on, push on gas pedal, gets to 1500 rpm and starts missing. And no difference if push gas pedal all the way to floor. Any way, he will take some kind of tool with him some time and check codes. Right on the coldest weekend of the year too. Figures aye. Hehe.

Jumpin. Quite a ramble. Nothin to do with the lights on the tractor. Hehe.

Noel

Found a picture Dave.
Attachments
3A9157AF-AB4B-4FCC-9C0D-C27C99CF955C.png
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

propane1 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:55 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:47 am Those light are bright . Higher up sure spreads it out to . You got any close ups of those lights ? Looks like the ones I have been using from PA . and they through a ton of light .
I’ll get a picture for you Dave. Maybe tomorrow. Son wants to play with it in the garage, just looking at it and changing the oil and stuff. So I’ll have to see if I get there. Truck acted up today and not drivable. Runs. But not drivable. Electric trouble. Not mechanical. Far as I can figure. I’m sorta thinking converters. But son doesn’t think so. Over drive on and off light flashing in dash. Start it up and it’s hunting a bit on idle. Put into drive, hold brake on, push on gas pedal, gets to 1500 rpm and starts missing. And no difference if push gas pedal all the way to floor. Any way, he will take some kind of tool with him some time and check codes. Right on the coldest weekend of the year too. Figures aye. Hehe.

Noel

Found a picture Dave.
I got one of those obd2 little things that plugs into the car and an app on the phone tells me all codes, and I can clear codes. Really handy to have for $20.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Noel

Found a picture Dave.
Ya those are the same one I have , stupid bright . Only down side is because they are such a bright white makes blowing snow look light whiteouts . As for your truck . If your OD lite is flashing there is a sensor failure somewhere . Based on the rest of the description I would say it has something to do with the Drive by wire system . Either the peddle or throttle body . The misfire is the system in limp mode . Firth thing to check is that the air snorkel and pcv hoses are all on tight ,and not chewed by critters . Failing that scan it for codes , see what you get .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:57 pm

Noel

Found a picture Dave.
Ya those are the same one I have , stupid bright . Only down side is because they are such a bright white makes blowing snow look light whiteouts . As for your truck . If your OD lite is flashing there is a sensor failure somewhere . Based on the rest of the description I would say it has something to do with the Drive by wire system . Either the peddle or throttle body . The misfire is the system in limp mode . Firth thing to check is that the air snorkel and pcv hoses are all on tight ,and not chewed by critters . Failing that scan it for codes , see what you get .
Thanks Dave. Son may check it this evening. told him to wait for warmer day, I don't have to have it right away. But he might show up. -14C now and 50 kilometer winds, wind chill -25C.

Ya lights are bright. Incandescent bulbs would be better in the snow and not high wattage ones.

Noel
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:57 pm

Noel

Found a picture Dave.
I just had a similar issue with a 3/4 ton Ford van at work. Started and idle ok but as soon as you step on the gas it would fall on its face and die. Check engine light on. Turned out to be what Dave said, throttle body.
Hope you get it figured out quick and stay out of the cold
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

This is the winch on the Ford tractor, that my son bought. Kind of a different one. It operates the chute turning. But It’s a winch/air compressor. Unlock the cable spool, lock in the gear for the compressor and pump away.

Noel
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
023E8BE1-A821-4138-9116-8651F1D03F51.jpeg
2A80A26B-A350-421A-AC84-8EE3BF213052.jpeg
56C25354-2C5F-462E-B87C-011ADEA3AC6C.jpeg
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

That is an interesting concept! Cdn Tire actually has a product listing for it, (But none in stock) and a quick google search for winch / air compressor combo didn't really show anything else - not even Amazooom....
winch.jpg
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/3-00 ... 5955p.html
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I like that, don’t know if I’ve seen a winch/compressor combo before. Does the compressor work? That might have to be modified to be removable. Would be kinda handy to put on a different machine for summer use!