Remembrance Day

Shoot the breeze here.
DavidBarkey Canada

Remembrance Day

Post by DavidBarkey »

image.png
When I was a young man I did work with the local Legion. Got to know many Vets. Heard many stories that resonate with me to this day . You do not have to beleave in war to understand that there are those in this world still that would take all you cherish including your freedom for there personal gain . And I don't mean the petty squabbles with our governments . Fighting back means death and destruction . Not fighting back leaves people dead or wishing they were dead . Unfortunately our so called civilized world this fact still exists.

May we never forget the sacrifices of the military, police and civilians .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: Remembrance Day

Post by Eugen »

Well said Dave!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

If I asked my father about the second war. He would just shake his head and walk away. His rank was Tropper which is a tank driver/mechanic. My grandfather, on mothers side , was in the first war.

Noel
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

It's Veterans Day today here in the US today also. Different name, same intent.

To all who have served :canada: :usa: I express my gratitude. :worship: and thanks. :clap:

:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I too, salute all veterans.

Not all veterans had to make the ultimate sacrifice. But all of them raised their hand and said, "I'm ready to do my part, up to the point of laying my own life on the line."

We all live in a much better world because of it.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:30 am If I asked my father about the second war. He would just shake his head and walk away. His rank was Tropper which is a tank driver/mechanic. My grandfather, on mothers side , was in the first war.

Noel
I know what you mean Noel. My father and many other relatives have served but one of my uncles saw heavy fighting in WW2. He never said a word about it until he was on his deathbed. He was in some horrible situations.

Thank you to all our veterans. Your service is appreciated more that can be expressed. :canada: :usa:
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

This is always a painful day for me a cousin was lost in the Vietnam War. I was 14 and it made a huge impression. I have friends from several wars that came home mentality destroyed. Watching them struggle 50 years after the war still leaves me feeling helpless.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH