Tractor comes home.

Shoot the breeze here.
propane1 Canada

Tractor comes home.

Post by propane1 »

Would of liked to leave it at my sons place and do more tree work. Was fun to use. But weather is going to get bad soon and I didn’t want to take it home on a wet salted down highway. That would ruin it. I did that once years ago. Just one trip to my sons, and the tractor was basically ruined. Rust started every where. The tractor still ran fine, but rusted badly.
Any way, I’ll get the thrower on it next week. Hopefully. And if I get back to doing some tree work, the MF tractors will take care of that.
And a purchase today. Not a tractor !!!! Take a guess what it is. :D
Any way. I’ll start looking into what I have to do to get it going.
Hurricane Nicole is headed our way for Saturday. But is suppose to weakin by the time it gets here. But still, 80 k plus south winds. Opposite direction of Fiona. And lots of rain. I doubt if I’ll have the new generator up and running for Saturday. But maybe if I really need it. I want to run it on propane. But if really needed I could run it on gasoline.
And was doing a little tractor service today. Won’t be as much to do in the spring. :109:

Noel
Attachments
832D6FA6-274F-4FA6-AD1B-DB45D9941C21.jpeg
5CBFB44D-D78E-4A42-9491-3F3C7E442B37.jpeg
8CD04C5B-FDF0-4750-8669-F2B5F724728C.jpeg
9F71B9E6-CE35-4A85-A763-AE08EAEEFA01.jpeg
78406987-F843-4E3F-BB60-3964EA766191.jpeg
D893056A-BD67-4621-90C5-226C0586B886.jpeg
A37B03F2-E63E-4CA0-BB0C-96EC24FF8EAB.jpeg
BF6A0B2C-EE5D-4CE9-96DE-3E0DD3ECB5D6.jpeg
keith Canada

Re: Tractor comes home.

Post by keith »

That's also on my "have to have" list. OMG that tractor is show room worthy, not even dust on it.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Thank you Keith. It’s the only painted up one I have out of the 11. And this one didn’t look like that when I got it.
The muffler was repaired so it didn’t stick out the side any more and the hole in the engine bonnet was repaired also.

Noel
Attachments
FCFD3BFF-50FF-40C3-B7CC-534CCBDED05D.png
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Glad you got that beauty home with out giving it a salt bath Noel.
Nicole passed over my relatives home today. We’re waiting to here from them, hopefully they didn’t get any damage. I’m hoping it weakens well before it gets up to you! :please:
keith Canada

Post by keith »

Hope your relatives are safe and well. Weather is a constantly changing , powerful force. Up here Lake Superior can get quite nasty any time of the year. :O

Post by JSinMO »

keith wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:09 pm Hope your relatives are safe and well. Weather is a constantly changing , powerful force. Up here Lake Superior can get quite nasty any time of the year. :O
Thanks Keith. Just got the word all is well. I’ve never got to spend time around the Great Lakes, but I’ve heard stories. Years ago I worked with a lady from Buffalo NY. She had a few about lake effect snow. Weather can be crazy!
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

keith wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:09 pm Hope your relatives are safe and well. Weather is a constantly changing , powerful force. Up here Lake Superior can get quite nasty any time of the year. :O
I feel a song coming on!

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call 'Gitche Gumee'
The lake it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy

With a load of iron ore, twenty six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and true was a 'bone to be chewed'
When the gales of November came early....

LOL

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"

Post by JSinMO »

@thebuildist Good call Bob! Now I have to go listen to it
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

You guys are having fun here! :cheers:

@Propane57 that's a nice and powerful generator. So you'll be running both?
I'm wondering why you want to run the generator on propane? Is it cheaper to run?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Just the one generator hopefully Eugen. One reason for the propane is, the fuel doesn’t go bad. So no gummed up carburetor from gasoline setting long periods of time, which could mean no start when needed. These generators or any generator that is of this size and running most of the day are thirsty on fuel. Easily burn 25/30 litres in less than a day. So you would need large quantities of gasoline on hand to operate it. I normally have 40 to 50 litres on hand. But. After my experience with hurricane Fiona. That amount of fuel would only last me about two or three days. Power was out every where, so you could not get gasoline. It was 4/5 days before it was sorta normal to go get fuel without waiting for hours to get it, once one or two stations opened. And the they ran out of fuel. So one has to try and not have every thing on in the house while running one of these gas guzzler generators. Takes a lot of horse power to make electricity. Which means burning fuel. So, why I want to burn propane is, I have an 365 litre tank on my garage. And a 1500 litre tank on the house. I want to hook to either one of those. I mainly want the garage tank thou. As I want to install the generator inside the garage. And pipe the exhaust outside. That way it’s out of the bad weather. And it will more than likely start. So with that 365 litre tank, depending how I use the generator , I could get maybe 14 days of running out of it. Then, if I ran out of propane on that tank, I can use the stored gasoline if I had too, which would give me a few more days of running. Running a propane engine is a little harder on fuel than gasoline. Depending on price of fuels Eugen would be the thing if it’s cheaper or not. If both fuels were the same price per litre, then the propane would be more expensive. Propane does not have as many btu’s as gasoline per litre. Right now, it should be cheaper using propane because of the pricing. Options Eugen, don’t have all your eggs in one basket, is what I’m getting at I guess. Again. Depending on how many electric power things you are using. And I would keep it to a minimum. I was out of power for 10 days. So this maybe a solution. May not. Who would know. Some thing like Fiona may never happen again. But it could be a normal occurrence from now on.

Holy cats, that was quite a ramble.

Have a good Remembrance Day and Veterans Day fellas.

Noel.