The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Re: The weather

Post by JSinMO »

propane1 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:57 am But really can’t complain about the snow. We didn’t get any major amounts this winter.
Noel
Same situation down here this year. Never got more than a couple inches, not that I’m complaining! We could still get a big snow this month but it won’t stick around.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:16 am
propane1 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:57 am But really can’t complain about the snow. We didn’t get any major amounts this winter.
Noel
Same situation down here this year. Never got more than a couple inches, not that I’m complaining! We could still get a big snow this month but it won’t stick around.

Same here Jeff. March and April can be nasty here too.

So I went out and cleaned up the snow. The sun had started to melt the stuff off the vehicles. Got stuck on the ice a few times with the John Deere. No chains on this one. So the split rear brakes got me out of those jams. They work great.

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Hope the snow stays away for another day at least.

My neighbour asked me to help with clearing up a packed snow area two days ago, the 444 was doing great pushing through some ice and packed snow, when all of a sudden I see the auger chain swirling through the air in front of the tractor. New chain I put months ago. :headbash: Need to put the chain back on.. I know, easy task, but I need to make time for it too. :violin:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:04 am Hope the snow stays away for another day at least.

My neighbour asked me to help with clearing up a packed snow area two days ago, the 444 was doing great pushing through some ice and packed snow, when all of a sudden I see the auger chain swirling through the air in front of the tractor. New chain I put months ago. :headbash: Need to put the chain back on.. I know, easy task, but I need to make time for it too. :violin:
Did the link come apart ?
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:57 am
Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:04 am Hope the snow stays away for another day at least.

I think so. Beats me as to why, I was pretty sure I put the clip on right, and it worked for at least a month too. :letmesee:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:11 pm

I think so. Beats me as to why, I was pretty sure I put the clip on right, and it worked for at least a month too. :letmesee:
I have unknowingly run the master link clips backwards for long times. The only issue popped up when I got into the icy/hard chunky stuff. So with the master link at the top of the auger sprocket the rounded end of the clip needs to be facing forward. Sometimes I have had issues getting the split ends of the clip to fully seat into the groove on the pin.

:cheers:
Gordy
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:11 pm

I put the clip on the auger side . I know you would think the other side would be more protected , but found that that is where the junk builds up and knocks it off . Other than the bottom being the pull side . Only other thing is to get the cotter pin type , hard to find though .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:20 pm
I put the clip on the auger side . I know you would think the other side would be more protected , but found that that is where the junk builds up and knocks it off . Other than the bottom being the pull side . Only other thing is to get the cotter pin type , hard to find though .
sorry, I don't understand Dave, what side is which side and how clip clap clip :pullhair: :rofl: :geek:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:56 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:20 pm
sorry, I don't understand Dave, what side is which side and how clip clap clip :pullhair: :rofl: :geek:
Awh :cuss: just weld it . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I was gonna say that! Weld the sucker shut! :smash:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E