The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

The weather

Post by JSinMO »

I suppose the Midwest is know for having wild weather sometimes and big temperature swings, but my goodness it makes me shake my head once in awhile!

Today our temp was 81F. Tomorrow it will be around 80F again then drop to around 32f tomorrow night with an inch of snow forecasted for Monday evening :rofl: :109:
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: The weather

Post by DavidBarkey »

We have had a lot of swings like that here too , But fortunately not quite as sever. The air pressure swings and the high wind we have had the last couple of weeks have been the worst for me . I guess that will be the new norm for me going on . Well at least I am alive to :violin: about it .
:cheers:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 pm I suppose the Midwest is know for having wild weather sometimes and big temperature swings, but my goodness it makes me shake my head once in awhile!

Today our temp was 81F. Tomorrow it will be around 80F again then drop to around 32f tomorrow night with an inch of snow forecasted for Monday evening :rofl: :109:
Well. If you could keep that white stuff in your area. That would be much appreciated. :D

Noel

Post by JSinMO »

Propane57 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:04 pm
JSinMO wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 pm I suppose the Midwest is know for having wild weather sometimes and big temperature swings, but my goodness it makes me shake my head once in awhile!

Well. If you could keep that white stuff in your area. That would be much appreciated. :D

Noel
Dang it Noel I don’t want it! And Id feel awful guilty keeping snow down here after you got your tractors all ready to move it around! :D

@DavidBarkey you have a good point, I’m glad we’re all on this side of the grass to be able to complain about the weather!
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Thermometer showed 85.5°F in the sun today. Probably more like low mid 70's. Not bad for Nov 12th in New England. Haven't had to use the heat much this week :cheers:
Ingersoll 4016
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

MattA wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm Thermometer showed 85.5°F in the sun today. Probably more like low mid 70's. Not bad for Nov 12th in New England. Haven't had to use the heat much this week :cheers:
We had that in WI last week, Thursday we were mid to upper 70's, Friday we didn't get above freezing, I had ice freezing on the drill rig all afternoon. What a shock to the system. :114:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

We had some wet snow the last couple of days . Well as per every year there was the annual late fall meeting of the summer tires club . Like every year it was held in local ditches .
:giggle:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:42 am We had some wet snow the last couple of days . Well as per every year there was the annual late fall meeting of the summer tires club . Like every year it was held in local ditches .
ain't that true. Every year the news is full of such reports on the first snow. Who would've thunk it snows again this year! :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by JSinMO »

DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:42 am We had some wet snow the last couple of days . Well as per every year there was the annual late fall meeting of the summer tires club . Like every year it was held in local ditches .
We ended up with just a dusting at the house, but about an hour South they got 4” to 6” and it was the usual first snow of the season bedlam. Highways closed cars in the ditch etc. I guess it’s good to know people up in the real snow country have the same issues. I don’t mind driving in it too much but I always worry about someone sliding into me.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

JSinMO wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:04 am

We ended up with just a dusting at the house, but about an hour South they got 4” to 6” and it was the usual first snow of the season bedlam. Highways closed cars in the ditch etc. I guess it’s good to know people up in the real snow country have the same issues. I don’t mind driving in it too much but I always worry about someone sliding into me.
Wouldn't surprise me if it happens in Alaska too, people tend to be the same everywhere, with just minor differences :D

People give me a lecture every time I say I'm running only winter tires for years. And I replace them with the cheapest chinese tires I can find, every 4-5 years. I do have two sets of wheels, and keep the better tires for the snow. Works for me :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: