The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
propane1 Canada

Re: The weather

Post by propane1 »

Jumpins. That tractor and thrower works good Eugen. Throws a good distance, compared to my 224. My 446 might throw as good. Hard to say.

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Eugen Looks like it is working well for you .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
THEOTHERHALF United States of America

Post by THEOTHERHALF »

that looks awesome Eugene, I enjoy watching the posted videos and seeing the pictures on this site, yesterday I was trying to post a picture of that shovel on here, after about 3 hours I was able to get a avatar picture on ''from computer'' but still haven't figured out using tap a talk to add a picture, looks like we had same amount of snow fall, noticed your auger housing is black inside, is it coated with graphite paint? just curious, had my case Ingersoll 226 out for snow duty today, had to steal a front tire off a 222 first, had a bead leaking pretty bad, other than that all went well. Kyle :thumbsup:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Well this is just dandy. Freezing rain and freezing drizzle all night till the morning. Right now most of the interstates are closed with wrecks. I’ll sure take a foot of snow over this stuff. Ice has to be the worst. Decided I better go out tonight and get my pickup ready for the slow drive into town in the morning. At least being in the country I don’t have to worry about traffic
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

THEOTHERHALF wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 pm that looks awesome Eugene, I enjoy watching the posted videos and seeing the pictures on this site, yesterday I was trying to post a picture of that shovel on here, after about 3 hours I was able to get a avatar picture on ''from computer'' but still haven't figured out using tap a talk to add a picture, looks like we had same amount of snow fall, noticed your auger housing is black inside, is it coated with graphite paint? just curious, had my case Ingersoll 226 out for snow duty today, had to steal a front tire off a 222 first, had a bead leaking pretty bad, other than that all went well. Kyle :thumbsup:
Just glossy paint that I found on sale, applied with a brush. Case dealers are far, so when the auger was off for replacing the bearings I thought why not put a coat of paint. Turns out it made a big difference and was going to post a picture of it anyway, as I was surprised how little snow got stuck on the inside. It wasn't sticky snow though. This photo is taken right after it was used.

62784250-D284-469F-9F76-D921B9AA0FDB.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
THEOTHERHALF United States of America

Post by THEOTHERHALF »

Thats looking right nice Eugene, I tried to dismount that flat tire from yesterday, the rim looks good on the outside but has heavy rust on inside, having hard time getting 1 bead to loosen up, felt beat up by this little tire, will go for round 2 later this morning, Kyle
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

THEOTHERHALF wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:50 am Thats looking right nice Eugene, I tried to dismount that flat tire from yesterday, the rim looks good on the outside but has heavy rust on inside, having hard time getting 1 bead to loosen up, felt beat up by this little tire, will go for round 2 later this morning, Kyle
Thanks, I must say that now I'm totally convinced that a coat of good paint is much better than rust.

One of the front tires on my 444 was slowly losing air and I got tired of finding it flat right when I needed it most. I had a couple of new tires I have bought maybe a year ago and installation got put off again and again. Normally I'd avoid replacing tires in the winter, but then it so happens to me that things get too busy in the summer and guess what, winter comes I then I have to replace that tire. So I did, maybe 2 weeks ago. I don't have such tool like Harry posted. Tire irons, hammer, and sweat got it off, but that doesn't always work. Now I have one lug tire and one turf tire in front :109: Temperatures dipped here, it'll stay like that for a while.

Let us know how it went, good luck! :54:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Eugen wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:37 pm If you're bored let me add to your boredom. Clearing snow today with the 444. I'm very satisfied with its performance.

https://vimeo.com/793926608

Great Video Eugen - Nice to see them working like they should... :thumbsup:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

-4C here now and light snow. -5C this afternoon and cloudy. 2 to 4 cm of snow, maybe. Wind NW at 30 kilometres. Cold snap coming Friday into Saturday. Could see -25 C.
Ground hog day coming. Yippie :giggle:

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

It's -12 C / 10 F and we got about 10cm / 4"of power last night . Good opportunity to try out the Blower tractor again .
Correction more like 15 cm. / 6" but all powder . New machine worked great . Still some thing to tinker with , but now is useable again . :phew:
Last edited by DavidBarkey on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder