The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Re: The weather

Post by JSinMO »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:52 pm
JSinMO wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm It’s looking like this will end up being a winter with no real snow to speak of around here. Mid 20’s today with a few flurries but the 10 day forecast shows us climbing and staying in upper 50’s and 60’s so I hoping spring is almost here!

@RoamingGnome I was getting claustrophobic looking at your pictures and seeing a neighbor that close to you! Im thinking you guys will be quite happy once you move to the country. It’s really nice to have some room around you, plus you can make as much racket in the shop as you like and it won’t bother anyone!
except the :wife: :cuss: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I figured that was a given! :D

I guess we’ve been lucky. There is a 900 acre farm behind us and a 400 acre farm across the road. The only trespassing on our place that I know of is when somebody’s cows get out.
These properties are owned by people in the city who are almost never up here but I still don’t cross the property lines.
I wouldn’t want them wondering around my place so I don’t go wondering around on theirs.

I know the world isn’t how it used to be, but why on earth do people think they can just trespass when ever they like? I’m sorry if you’ve had that issue, I hope it doesn’t happen around here.
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

@Eugen @JSinMO @propane1 and @DavidBarkey You are all absolutely right... Life will be better once we escape to the country :please:

I'll rant here for a paragraph or two... :violin: Our city property is 80' wide x 120' deep. And it can feel claustrophobic at times, We actually have a double lot - our house is on one side and the vacant lot is our driveway, - there are 4 - 20' wide properties going across the back of our yard (they really have it tight and claustrophobic). It's the big city, with zero privacy and all of the inner city problems, trespassing, drug abuse (syringes in the driveway and backyard) homeless people wandering through the yard. :cuss: I was changing a flat tire on my Tacoma yesterday and accidentally put my leg on the sidewalk - I almost got run over by an elderly lady rushing to the grocery store on her electric scooter. I try to get all my Amazon deliveries sent to the post office because of porch pirates.

Our house is a few blocks outside of the downtown core, and on one of the major streets in the city. It was built in the 1880's and 30+ years ago my Dad purchased the property and we provided the sweat equity to renovate it (It was derelict and had been uninhabited for several years). When we finished fixing it up we had our photography business in 1/3, our living space in another 1/3, and my Dad had an apartment in the walkout basement. Originally it was a good idea to live and work in the same building, but when we closed the photo business in 2000 and I started working as a mechanic we started to be more annoyed by all the little things associated with "downtown" life - the 24hr gas station across the street, street racers with loud radios and louder exhausts, the fire station 2 blocks away with ambulances and fire engines blasting past with sirens blaring... The neighbourhood has really gone down hill in the last 15 - 20 years.

I'm looking forward to the challenges of this coming year, selling the city property and moving to 10 acres of hardwood bush and working with the contractors to build our new house and garage. I know it's not going to be perfect but I'd like the chance to know any frustrations in the future will be either due to mother nature acting up or problems of my own creation...

Thanks for letting me rant... I return you to your regularly scheduled program... :rofl:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@RoamingGnome Gerry we left Barrie for them same reasons once our kids were grown . That was over 10 years ago now .
I can tell you about living out in the country is way more peaceful . But you have to plan ahead a lot more ,but it is worth it .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Tonite into Friday snow event. Then 10cm on Sunday :pullhair:
We will see how it goes. Temperatures around the freezing mark.

Noel
Attachments
28A63B40-991D-43E5-AA36-EED0F2064545.png
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

So all I've been hearing all week is it's warming up and what a nice weekend to expect. :cool: Then yesterday morning maybe some flurries for Saturday with a "little disturbance" going to south of us. :106: Last night "we might have to keep our eyes on this " :hm: This morning " definitely snow, depending on track some areas a foot+". :barf:
They have came up way short on their predictions most of the winter. :45: Wonder how they'll do this time. :rofl:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

End of season ratings Tim. That’s what it is. :D

Noel
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

propane1 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:58 pm End of season ratings Tim. That’s what it is. :D

Noel
Ha ha Noel.
I know there's nothing we can do about it, it is what it is. :106: They've hyped up four this winter that fell short. I just keep thinking the odds of the them being wrong the other way have to be getting pretty good. :40: :114:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

No chance of snow around here, 3 to 5 inches of rain just below us. News people are warning of flash floods. They’re calling for 1 to 2 inches for us. The creeks will be running wild. I guess we’ll see if we really get that much.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Snow here. I’d say it’s more than what we got in any other snow fall this winter. But still dark out, so will have to wait till I get out to see for sure.

Should try Dave’s suggestion. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel :D
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

JSinMO wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm No chance of snow around here, 3 to 5 inches of rain just below us. News people are warning of flash floods. They’re calling for 1 to 2 inches for us. The creeks will be running wild. I guess we’ll see if we really get that much.
Maybe go white water rafting and make the best of it . :giggle:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder