Page 1 of 1

East Coast Weather

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:25 am
by Spike188
@Propane57 Has been off line since the Storm hit PEI. I am hoping that he has been spared from a total disaster and only experiencing power outages. The news reports are saying that the islands were slammed hard.

Re: East Coast Weather

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:40 am
by Timj
I have also been thinking about Noel.
Hope you are doing ok.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:47 pm
by Eugen
PEI got hit hard. :( hope Noel's place didn't sustain any damage and that everyone is safe.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:30 pm
by thebuildist
I'm praying for Noel right now.

Bob

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:02 am
by JSinMO
I share the same thoughts and prayers as you all. I hope Noel is doing ok and can check in soon.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:46 am
by DavidBarkey
PEI residents are being told to shelter in place , stay off the roads . Out of 86,000 electric customers 82,000 are with lost power . Major damage across the Island including cell towers according to reports . Atlantic Canada is use to storms but not like this one . The military has been called apon to help out . I beleave that Noel is more in land , hoping he and family are ok .

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:23 am
by propane1
Thank you all for your thoughts and comments. Yes, a more powerful storm than we have every had. Mainly trees down for me and my son. I lost roof shingles on my garage and had water leaking in. Roof has been repaired, thankfully. Son had a very large locust tree hit his house. Tree was just takin of the house last night. So will see what damage there is today. I’m thinking the tree just when over slowly and did seem to hurt the house. House built in 1840, so the lumber in it is big. Not like todays match stick houses. Any way. Still no power. Internet is not great. Lots of work to do on top of what we had planned to do. Won’t have to buy wood for next years heating season. Hehe. I have land beside my sons place. And I lost a lot of trees. One white birch I lost is as big as the locust tree that hit sons house.
Thanks for your well wishes, and none of us were harmed.

There now, a quick update ramble.

Noel

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 am
by propane1
Few more pictures. Phone near dead. I’m worn out. Cat don’t mind the generator running. Hehe.

Noel

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:41 am
by thebuildist
I'm glad you're OK. It sounds like a couple of days you'll remember for a long time. And I can see your GT helpers came in quite handy!

Bob

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:03 am
by DavidBarkey
Noel glad to see you all are ok .

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:21 am
by Timj
Good to hear from ya Noel, hang in there and remember what you don't get done today will be there tomorrow. :highfive:

Re: East Coast Weater

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:44 am
by Spike188
Noel, Thank you for taking the time to update us. The generator, like you must be earning its keeps. The pictures are appreciated.

We glad you are safe.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:49 am
by Eugen
Glad the damage was not worse and nobody got hurt! Noel, I told you you'll get big biceps after dealing with all that wood, now even more! :)

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:15 am
by JSinMO
Good to here your all ok and everything is still standing. I see you and and your tractors are getting a workout.
This is one heck of a way for you and your wife to get candle lit dinners! :D

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:28 am
by Chad
Noel glad you and yours are okay. Thanks for taking photos, lots of clean up for sure and will take everyone some time to deal with it all.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 pm
by MattA
Glad your doing ok Noel.

This is damage at my parents house about 30min northwest of here from a storm last Thursday. I think this is the same storm that hit Noel. Most of the storm went west of where I live. We just got some heavy rain and some wind.

This tree used to tower probably 30 feet over the forest canopy below. The tree was split by lightning about a month back and then the storm last Thursday broke the top off. The base of that tree is probably 30"+ in diameter.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:12 pm
by MattA
Also just heard from my wifes brother. He lives just outside Orlando FL. They survived hurricane Ian ok. Got about a foot of rain. No power...

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:25 pm
by propane1
Thanks guys. And hopefully you are all doing good.

Few more pictures. And a question. Need opinions on how to getting the stump out !
My little poulan saw did a great job of cutting up the very hard locust tree. Some hard and heavy.
Got about a cord out of it.

So, will 11 garden tractors all tied together, including two Case tractors, pull this stump out. :giggle: :giggle:

Any way, still no power. Getting tired and annoyed. Still so much to do.

Noel

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 pm
by propane1
Couple more pictures.
Still a big white birch tree to do. At least it’s a softer wood and easier to cut. But many other trees to do too.

Noel

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 pm
by JSinMO
Looks like your getting things cleaned up nicely! That’s a lot of work, I think you deserve a nice vacation!

I don’t know what to say about that stump. My first thought is to see if you can get that tracked machine that was in your pictures back and dig it out.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:59 am
by DavidBarkey
The East Coast got hit hard , but have you guys seen Florida after the Ian went through . They are use to hurricanes down south and see them all the time but what a mess . I am so thankfull we live where we do . The weather may not be the best here all the time , but it sure is not the worst like some places are getting these days .

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:38 am
by JSinMO
I have relatives that live north of Tampa. The early storm track predictions were putting them in worst of it. Lucky for them the storm tracked to the south. We had considered moving down there a couple of years ago. I told my wife as soon as we get settled there will be a hurricane. She remembered me saying that as this one moved in. It’s a beautiful place and I would like to be closer to them, but I don’t want to deal with that. The farm I grew up on was between the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. I’ve seen enough flooding, and moving your stuff, and sandbagging to last me a lifetime. We do get the occasional tornado but there’s a lot better chance that it will miss you as opposed to a 500 mile wide hurricane

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:09 pm
by Eugen
@Propane57 I hope you get power back on soon!

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:40 pm
by propane1
No power yet. :headbash: So todays goins on. Did some work at home. Son was over. Cut up tree and dug out stump. That’s hard on a old fella like me. We got that finished up. Put some other wood away. Then, pulled the Beepin snow ball tree out that Fiona blew over. Thank you for that Fiona. I’ve hated that tree for 30 years. I even cut it all off years ago, and it grew back. :cuss: Hooked the Case 446 on to it, but no go. Spin tires. And way, I knew it wouldn’t pull it out. Just having some fun. Ford ranger pull it out in two wheel drive. So I’ll get rid of that tomorrow. Worn out. I won’t do much tomorrow other that get rid of the trailer load of junk.

There a short ramble, have a good day fellas.

Noel

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:10 pm
by propane1
Cut up the snow ball tree and made sure it got on to the trailer. Got rid of that load. That’s it for today. Tomorrows task, I think, is to cut up firewood with the Ferguson tractor.
Still no power. But the big fix it trucks are at least on the road. So maybe tomorrow.
Sure glad to have the MF 14 bulldozer tractor. Case 446 doing a bit to. If I only had more attachments for it.

Noel

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:49 pm
by propane1
Power back on, thankfully, 9 days without, so end of story. Until the next mayhem. Hehe.

Who knows what, Mayhem means ? Hehe.

Noel

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm
by Timj
Propane57 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:49 pm Power back on, thankfully, 9 days without, so end of story. Until the next mayhem. Hehe.

Noel
For you Noel the next thing will be 4feet of snow, sorry :D

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:47 pm
by JSinMO
Propane57 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:49 pm Power back on, thankfully, 9 days without, so end of story. Until the next mayhem. Hehe.

Noel
Great news! Glad that ordeal is coming to an end for you.
Thank goodness for power equipment!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:58 pm
by Eugen
That's great Noel! The province should've lower the price of gasoline while the power was out, in my opinion.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:27 am
by propane1
It’s a wonder they didn’t put it up Eugen, starting to get things back to some what normal, what ever that was. Jumpins I’m sore all over. May not do to much today.

Noel

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:30 am
by propane1
Timj wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Noel
For you Noel the next thing will be 4feet of snow, sorry :D

Thanks Tim. Hehe. They predicted chance of furries last nite. And yes 4 feet of snow can happen here.

Noel

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:49 am
by propane1
May not be on for a few days. No internet and almost out of data.

:42:

Noel

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:22 pm
by Eugen
Noel, I heard on the news that there are still thousands of people without power. Must be awful.

In any case, I hope that all people get power soon and your internet kicks in as well, soon. In the meantime we will try to behave :109:

don't be gone too long, I'm starting to work on the 644 frame and I'll need your help! :spin:

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:55 pm
by Spike188
I think Noel should be reminded that just because he has the lights back on does not mean he can stay up all night. :rofl:

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm
by propane1
Internet is back on. So things might get somewhat normal now.
Cut up two cord of wood yesterday and not from the hurricane. Have to get splitting that tomorrow.

And they did put the price of fuels up. Just a little extra kick while your down.

Son still has no power.

Noel

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:41 pm
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm And they did put the price of fuels up. Just a little extra kick while your down.
yeah, you gut 20,000 people running solely on generators on the island, let's gouge them, why not?! :oops: :cuss:

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:51 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm Internet is back on. So things might get somewhat normal now.
Cut up two cord of wood yesterday and not from the hurricane. Have to get splitting that tomorrow.

And they did put the price of fuels up. Just a little extra kick while your down.

Son still has no power.

Noel
Fuel and other energy sources are necessities of life and should be regulated accordingly .

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:00 am
by propane1
And the government keeps kickin ya when your down. Fuels up again today. :headbash:

Noel

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:49 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:00 am And the government keeps kickin ya when your down. Fuels up again today. :headbash:

Noel
They are up here too the best price is about $1.60 with the average being $1.65 heading to $1.70 . You can thank OPEC for that ! They are reducing the amount of crude oil produced to increase the price per barrel . :cuss:
Who is OPEC Quote
"Currently, the Organization comprises 15 Member Countries – namely Algeria, Angola, Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, IR Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela."

What our governments need to do is produce more here at home untill more viable alternatives are online and stop taxing us to death.