Page 1 of 1

Wood cuttin starting soon.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:09 am
by propane1
Hehe. Hopefully. I’ll start at the end where the saw bench is and work my way forward in the direction of the tractor. And that will be a start.

Noel :D

Re: Wood cuttin starting soon.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:26 pm
by JSinMO
That is one heck of a pile of firewood. That would last me for years!

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:42 pm
by Chad
Lots of work there Noel, take your time!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:40 pm
by Eugen
Noel, you will have biceps like Arnold when you're done with that pile! :O

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:18 pm
by propane1
Naaa, then all the girls will be chasin me, I’m to old for that foolishness. :giggle: :giggle: :rofl: :rofl:

Any way, got a few things done today. Fixed a few things on the escalator, and oiled her up. Put the drive shaft on the tractor and saw bench. Greased up a bunch of stuff. Fill tractor with gas. Oil is good. Chopped down some vegetation. Did some weed whacking. Had tractor running and the saw bench. Cut up one softwood log. Still a couple of little things to do. Have to sharpen saw blade, made short work of the softwood today, so can’t be to bad. Need to get my exhaust pipe extension on yet. Exhaust pipe pointed right at where you stand to cut the wood. So I have a pipe to put on the exhaust pipe with a ninety bend, then straight up about 8’. Should be able to cut some wood tomorrow. :giggle:

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:00 am
by propane1
Few more things done. Exhaust stack on. Saw sharpened. More vegetation cut back. Few things throwen into the woods. Trailer under the escalator. Greased one more point on escalator. So ready to start. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:07 am
by Harry
I started to move firewood yesterday. I made seven bucket loads to the side of my shop where I stack it and easy access for winter burning. I'm just getting started and it will be many more loads before I'm ready for winter. The 1/4-yard bucket doesn't hold much fore wood, but it's easy to get i dump it and stack later.

Keep the Peace :cop: :peace:
Harry

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 pm
by propane1
Loaders are sooo handy for doing wood. Did a bit of cutting today. Was a little hot for doing it, but it’s a start. Hoping to go and do some in the morning tomorrow. Be a little cooler then.

I hope Eugen wins over a million on the ticket he bought. :giggle: :giggle:

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:30 pm
by Eugen
yeah, I'm going to steal your idea and store my mower deck on some old tires I have. :worship:

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:04 pm
by JSinMO
Great idea on your extended exhaust stack! Your making me think I should go pull the old log splitter my dad made up to the shop and get it started. Can’t believe we’re getting to wood cutting time, seems like summer just started.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:31 am
by propane1
Bit more done today. Went this morning thinking it would be cooler. Not cooler. Potatoe diggin tomorrow. Maybe hopefully. Might have some help tomorrow. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm
by Eugen
you reminded me of digging out our potatoes... why would you do that? :42: now :wife: :whip:

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:55 pm
by propane1
:giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 pm
by propane1
Little more wood cut today. Should be into the hardwood next week. Maybe. At least it was cooler for doing the cutting today. 15C and a 60 k west wind. Last time I cut wood it was 25C and no wind. From what I can remember.

Noel

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:50 pm
by propane1
Little more wood done today. Done of the softwood for now. Couple big softwood logs there to do. Just couldn’t get them in the saw bench. Have to use chainsaw on those. So got into the hardwood. Man they are some heavy to drag around compared to the softwood. I’m all done in. And only at it for about 2 hours. Could not imagine doing that for 8 hours.

Noel

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:29 pm
by propane1
A little clean up today. Moved the Ferguson tractor ahead a bit to help line up with the hardwood. Sorry, no Cases were used in this operation. Massey Fergusons we’re doing the duty. May cut a bit tomorrow, but more than likely Tuesday.
:124:

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:18 pm
by JSinMO
Your knocking that wood pile down! I’d say it’s time for a break!

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:03 am
by propane1
JSinMO wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:18 pm Your knocking that wood pile down! I’d say it’s time for a break!
Hehe. Yesterday was the break. Was playing and got a bunch of stuff cleaned up. So maybe today or tomorrow. I’ll get back at it. But rain coming for this week. And maybe a hurricane at the end of the week. So I might get a break whether I want it or not. :giggle:
Hibrrrrnation happens on November first. So got to have the wood done and tractors ready for winter.

Noel. :D

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:51 am
by propane1
Finished that line of wood this morning. Had a few logs that were maybe to big to fit in the saw bench and gettin a bit to heavy for this old fella to lift. So had to saw the up with the chainsaw.
Now to move on to the next line of hardwood, up in front of the Mustang. But that may not be till next week. Weather bad for the rest of the week.

Noel

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm
by propane1
Sorry, no Case tractors were used in this operation. Another clean up day in the wood yard with the MF garden tractors. And moved the Ferguson tractor with saw bench and the escalator to its new wood cutting spot.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:15 pm
by Eugen
Good bunch of MFs there. Your progress is good!

I just put my Massey Harris 33 for sale :((

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:53 pm
by propane1
To bad it wasn’t here Eugen. I could be interested.

Noel