Page 1 of 1

Happy Easter

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:27 pm
by Spike188
It is a good Friday and Good Friday. It got up to 47 deg here this afternoon but is sitting back on freezing this evening.
I have garlic that did not get planted in the fall and today would have been a great day to do it.
tater plant.jpg
We also have a yam that was started from a cutting a month ago, but it should stay indoors for another month or until the soil temperature warms enough.

Life always catches me between dreams and hope. Dreams of getting garlic into the ground each fall and missing the opportunity, then catching a spring planting for a late harvest. When the yam sent up shots in the dark pantry, the kid in me said, "lets try planting it in door and transplanting it." Our yard and house are full of dreams, CCI tractors, home updating, and this summer canning peaches and tomatoes. But this weekend, strep throat is keeping me house bound while M gets to go to Easter functions and family gatherings.

But I am Thankful for the life I have, It is springtime, and new life is just ahead.

Have a happy Easter weekend.

Eugene and M

Re: Happy Easter

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:37 pm
by propane1
Hope you get better soon Eugene. Happy Easter weekend.
I had a good Friday too. Spent most of the day dragging sons driveway on the TEA20 Ferguson tractor and the Ford 1210 tractor. Was a great day. The high temperature today was 8C, but with 50/60 kilometre west winds. So not that comfortable.

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:53 pm
by JSinMO
@Spike188 I hope you feel better quickly.
I know how you feel about being between dreams and hope. I sometimes get overwhelmed with all the things I want to do and can’t get too. I try to enjoy the things I can get to and not worry about what I run out of time for, or physically just can’t do. It’s easier said than done! Right now of course getting back on your feet is most important.

I’m with you, I’m thankful for what I have too!

Happy Easter everyone!

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:23 pm
by Eugen
Happy Easter weekend everyone!

Hope you feel better soon @Spike188. :(

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:03 am
by DavidBarkey
Happy Easter all . Get well soon Eugene .

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:23 am
by thebuildist
Get well soon, @Spike188!

And Happy Easter to all as well.

Our grandkids are all away for the holiday, way up north in Indiana. I'm supposed to work on some gas pipes in a crawlspace today, but it's dark and raining out there. I'm not too excited about it.

But my wife and I will celebrate tomorrow with my extended in-laws and our son. And I'm grateful for my family and all my blessings, and for what Easter is all about. He is risen indeed!

Happy Easter!

Bob

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 am
by RoamingGnome
Wishing all of you a very Happy Easter... another chance to gather with family and friends, give thanks for good things in life, reflect on another "not so normal" winter and the hopes that spring weather will be just right for planting and working with (or on... :headbash: ) our tractors...

@Spike188 Hope you are feeling better soon...

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:02 pm
by Harry
Wishing ya all a Happy Easter. :cheers: :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 am
by MattA
Happy Easter. Should be having an egg hunt with the kids this morning. Our house was egged by the girl scouts last night just before 10pm. My wife gave the girl scouts a $20 donation and in exchange the girls scouts came and put eggs outside for my kids to find.

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:55 am
by Timj
Happy Easter everyone. My oldest daughter and her fiancee were home. We went fishing 🎣 Saturday afternoon (no fish :106: ). Then dinner.
:geek: Tim

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:22 am
by Harry
MattA wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 am Happy Easter. Should be having an egg hunt with the kids this morning. Our house was egged by the girl scouts last night just before 10pm. My wife gave the girl scouts a $20 donation and in exchange the girls scouts came and put eggs outside for my kids to find.
Matt, when I read the Girl Scouts egged your house, my mind went to eggs splattered all over the outside of your house! :O :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:21 am
by MattA
Harry wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:22 am
MattA wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 am Happy Easter. Should be having an egg hunt with the kids this morning. Our house was egged by the girl scouts last night just before 10pm. My wife gave the girl scouts a $20 donation and in exchange the girls scouts came and put eggs outside for my kids to find.
Matt, when I read the Girl Scouts egged your house, my mind went to eggs splattered all over the outside of your house! :O :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :peace: Harry
:rofl:
That's why I explained myself more. Probably should have written colored plastic Easter eggs. We haven't been out to pick up the eggs.

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:20 am
by keith
Happy Easter every one, especially you guys with little ones. Brings back fond memories. :cheers:

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 am
by RoamingGnome
Easter bunny (2).jpg
Wishing all a Happy Easter - and hoping the Bunny has been generous to kids of all ages... ;)

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:28 pm
by JSinMO
Happy Easter everyone!

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:41 pm
by Timj
Happy Easter everyone.
10363.jpeg

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:59 pm
by Eugen
Happy Easter! ☦️

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:58 pm
by propane1
Hope every one had a great Easter. I had the Easter Wabbit in my yard on Saturday. Happily doing his work.

Noel