Page 1 of 1

Hey Pa, what's for supper?

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:51 pm
by Timj
Cherry smoked chicken breasts and fresh grilled asparagus.
KIMG0401.JPG
Marinate the asparagus in olive oil with minced garlic and parmesan cheese, and grill.
:drink: for the chef

Re: Hey Pa, what's for supper?

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:59 pm
by Eugen
@Timj now that looks yummy! We need a drooling emoji! :wave3:
Enjoy!

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:04 pm
by Timj
Eugen wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:59 pm @Timj now that looks yummy! We need a drooling emoji! :wave3:
Enjoy!
:drool: we have one but he is not putting in the appropriate effort. :rofl:

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:27 pm
by MattA
I grilled some decent burgers tonight :cheers:

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:30 am
by thebuildist
Chicken? Beef?

Wow!

I didn't know I was rubbing elbows with RICH people!

:)) :(( :(( :((

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:07 am
by Harry
That reminds me of an old TV show Hee Haw. They had a segment every show where they would say 'Hey Grandpa what's for supper." He would reply with a menu of southern meal and they would say Yum Yum!

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:15 am
by Timj
Harry wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:07 am That reminds me of an old TV show Hee Haw. They had a segment every show where they would say 'Hey Grandpa what's for supper." He would reply with a menu of southern meal and they would say Yum Yum!

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
That's where I took it from Harry. :clap:

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:45 am
by Eugen
thebuildist wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:30 am Chicken? Beef?

Wow!

I didn't know I was rubbing elbows with RICH people!

:)) :(( :(( :((
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nowadays rich is when you can afford to just DRIVE to the store!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:25 am
by Gordy
I got my 3rd picking of asparagus last night. Took it over to the neighbors as a bribe to go mushroom hunting in their woods, she was so excited I think she almost wet herself ;) She likes the green but loves the purple asparagus. I found Pheasant Back's, but no Morels yet. My sister found some black morels about 25 miles from me. Because of the thick leaf litter I generally find the latter emerging and larger Blond morels.

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:12 pm
by Timj
Chicken halves are on the menu today, wish you all could come. :cheers:
KIMG0417.JPG
I help few guys cook for some local groups fund raisers. Today we did 600 halves for the Lion's Club. :122:

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:23 pm
by JSinMO
Holy cow, when you guys decide to grill you don’t mess around!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:36 pm
by Timj
JSinMO wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:23 pm Holy cow, when you guys decide to grill you don’t mess around!
Ya, that's serious grilling, but we have some good guys and have fun with it. 600 is a nice amount. The fire department was doing 1850 at one time but has dropped to around 1200 now. We start the grills around 7am and are done cooking by 1:00.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm
by Eugen
I've never seen anything like that but I sure hope to see one day. Great job @Timj !

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:32 pm
by Timj
Eugen wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm I've never seen anything like that but I sure hope to see one day. Great job @Timj !
Chicken BBQs are a popular fundraiser around here. You can almost find one every Sunday.
You just have to go big to cook that many. Grill about 50' long, 1000lbs of charcoal, pump garden sprayer for the butter and oil, gallon jar for seasoning shaker. The racks hold about 35 halves, you put an empty one on top and sandwich the halves, then flip the whole rack to turn them.
Today they just did a drive thru serving line. You pulled up, paid, got your dinner and drove off. You got a half chicken, roll, potato salad, coleslaw, and a cookie for $12.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:12 am
by DavidBarkey
Timj wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:32 pm
Eugen wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm I've never seen anything like that but I sure hope to see one day. Great job @Timj !
Chicken BBQs are a popular fundraiser around here. You can almost find one every Sunday.
You just have to go big to cook that many. Grill about 50' long, 1000lbs of charcoal, pump garden sprayer for the butter and oil, gallon jar for seasoning shaker. The racks hold about 35 halves, you put an empty one on top and sandwich the halves, then flip the whole rack to turn them.
Today they just did a drive thru serving line. You pulled up, paid, got your dinner and drove off. You got a half chicken, roll, potato salad, coleslaw, and a cookie for $12.
That is awesome . Talking about feeding the masses. All that for $12 and made $$$ for a cause . :worship:

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 pm
by FUTZ
On summer weekends, I'm sometimes found jerking on the BBQ:
image.png
image.png
Jerk chicken, peas-n-rice and brown stew; yum yum!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:44 pm
by Eugen
It does look yummy! What spices are you using?

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:28 am
by FUTZ
I try different recipes from internet. This was a good one. It used onions, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, smoked paprika, and habanero peppers. https://cheflolaskitchen.com/how-to-mak ... ken-wings/

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:46 pm
by FUTZ
Tonight was fresh beans form garden and beer can chicken.
beans.jpg
From just a couple plants in a container.
BCC1.jpg
The skin was crispy and transparent. Should have taken video, when I cut into it, juice poured out. Should have tented it longer. Put potatoes in too soon too, you would think I knew how to do this by now1

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:07 pm
by Eugen
That chicken looks really good! We never tried growing beans of any kind, though we always wanted. I'll definitely try next year. :cheers:

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:42 pm
by Timj
If you have never done a beer can/ beer butt chicken, you should. :thumbsup:

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:33 pm
by Timj
Bach'n it this weekend, so I can eat what I want. Tonight it's grilled pork steaks, potatoes, and corn.
KIMG0468.JPG
And malted beverage :drink:

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm
by DavidBarkey
Timj wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:33 pm Bach'n it this weekend, so I can eat what I want. Tonight it's grilled pork steaks, potatoes, and corn.
KIMG0468.JPG
Looks yummy . We ate like rabbits from the garden tonight. Coleslaw, carrots and brocklies and salad . It was fresh and free . Well kinda free except for the gas for the machines , the elceticity for well pump , the seed from the store , the tee bar and fence from the other store . But ya preety much free . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:55 pm
by Eugen
DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm Looks yummy . We ate like rabbits from the garden tonight. Coleslaw, carrots and brocklies and salad . It was fresh and free . Well kinda free except for the gas for the machines , the elceticity for well pump , the seed from the store , the tee bar and fence from the other store . But ya preety much free . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Time to get a horse Dave!

My :wife: :122: made her signature pasta with smoked salmon alfredo sauce. All ingredients were really old and not from the garden but it tasted good. Looking forward to eat a fresh tomato from the garden!

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:58 pm
by Eugen
Timj wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:33 pm Bach'n it this weekend, so I can eat what I want. Tonight it's grilled pork steaks, potatoes, and corn.
KIMG0468.JPG
Must've been really good Tim, it looks so! Haven't grilled on coal for a long time myself. Can't seem to find the energy or patience for that anymore :(

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:22 pm
by Timj
Eugen wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:58 pm
KIMG0468.JPG
Must've been really good Tim, it looks so! Haven't grilled on coal for a long time myself. Can't seem to find the energy or patience for that anymore :(
I haven't used our gas grill since we moved to the farm 19 years ago, it's been sitting in the shed. I cleaned it up a couple years ago and burned it off for during the week when in a hurry but haven't used it. Coal definitely takes extra time. If you have it, it's a good time for a :drink: . I'm using more lump charcoal instead of briquettes. It burns hotter and longer than most briquettes. Learning the ins and outs.
Yes, it was good, and have some leftovers.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:25 pm
by JSinMO
4D978218-67B2-42E1-A6B8-11DF94905639.jpeg
Fried okra, green beans, and tomatoes from the garden. And a slice of meatloaf.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:03 pm
by Eugen
JSinMO wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:25 pm 4D978218-67B2-42E1-A6B8-11DF94905639.jpeg
Fried okra, green beans, and tomatoes from the garden. And a slice of meatloaf.
Looks good! Never had fried okra, I need to try that!

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:13 pm
by Timj
:122: cherry smoked bbq pork steak.
KIMG0977.JPG
Settled my craving for some bbq ribs without the work.

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:55 pm
by Eugen
Timj wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:13 pm :122: cherry smoked bbq pork steak. KIMG0977.JPG
Settled my craving for some bbq ribs without the work.
Never tried smoking with bbq, and that's something I'd like to try. Must've been yummy! :cheers:

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 pm
by propane1
Any body ever hear of Cod Dogs. ???? Fella in Newfoundland, Canada got them there some where.
I’d love to try them, but the fish markets here never heard of them before.
Jumpins I’d say they’d be tasty. Gerry ?

Noel

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:22 pm
by Harry
They look yummy. We had tuna steaks for dinner yesterday and they smelled like beef when searing them and were terrific. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:25 pm
by JSinMO
propane1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 pm Any body ever hear of Cod Dogs. ???? Fella in Newfoundland, Canada got them there some where.

Noel
They look great! There’s just something about fish stuffed in sausage casing the doesn’t seem quite right! :giggle:

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:31 pm
by Harry
JSinMO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:25 pm
propane1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 pm Any body ever hear of Cod Dogs. ???? Fella in Newfoundland, Canada got them there some where.

Noel
They look great! There’s just something about fish stuffed in sausage casing the doesn’t seem quite right! :giggle:
I always say if they don’t seem to be pleasing to your palette get out the condiments. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:40 pm
by RoamingGnome
Wow! Never heard of "Cod Dogs" - but I've got to admit I'm curious... I'll have to :inacall: my friend from the island :highfive: