Bagna cauda

Share your creations, hunger, and more.
TLD89 United States of America

Bagna cauda

Post by TLD89 »

Holidays are here and it's time for bagna cauda if you like garlic and butter this is the stuff.

1/2 to 1 lb unsalted butter
1-2 gar garlic
2 small cans anchovies (don't let the anchovies disgorges you can't really taste them)
Put in pan on stove top or electric skillet medium heat stir in garlic and cook until tender. Reduce heat to low. Mix in anchovies. Cook and stir until thickened or until bones dissolves.
Watch so you don't burn the butter.

We in joy dipping with French baguette loaf, Bok choy, cabbage, celery ...
Eugen Canada

Re: Bagna cauda

Post by Eugen »

I and my wife love garlic! So much that we grow our own. We will definitely try your recipe @TLD89 ! Thank you for sharing! :drink:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Thanks for sharing , I love garlic and us anchovies in cooking at times . I have never heard of this . Where does it come from ?

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

TLD89 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:16 am Holidays are here and it's time for bagna cauda if you like garlic and butter this is the stuff.

1/2 to 1 lb unsalted butter
1-2 gar garlic
2 small cans anchovies (don't let the anchovies disgorges you can't really taste them)
Put in pan on stove top or electric skillet medium heat stir in garlic and cook until tender. Reduce heat to low. Mix in anchovies. Cook and stir until thickened or until bones dissolves.
Watch so you don't burn the butter.

We in joy dipping with French baguette loaf, Bok choy, cabbage, celery ...
I'll have to try this, it sounds incredible!

Keep the Peace
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
TLD89 United States of America

Post by TLD89 »

As a first-year apprentice bagna cauda was at a meeting years ago it happens to be a Christmas meeting. There were some old Italians guys standing around a table slowly stirring something in large electric pans. My first thought was it was some type of soup? The smell of garlic filled the banquet room. So, I had to try it liking all the ingredients. The only thing is it taste so good be sure not to eat too much it has a lot of butter if you know what I mean. I'm the old guy now at the table stirring the concoction. To answer question I think Italy.

Terry
DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:49 pm Thanks for sharing , I love garlic and us anchovies in cooking at times . I have never heard of this . Where does it come from ?

Dave
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

You want me to boil 5 clusters of garlic and several pounds of pickled fish in my wife's kitchen?

Are you trying to get me killed? Is this some kind of do-it-to-yourself vandalism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)) :)) :)) :)) :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Seriously, it does sound tasty, but believe me, I'll never be preparing it at my (wife's) house.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:43 pm You want me to boil 5 clusters of garlic and several pounds of pickled fish in my wife's kitchen?

Are you trying to get me killed? Is this some kind of do-it-to-yourself vandalism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)) :)) :)) :)) :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Seriously, it does sound tasty, but believe me, I'll never be preparing it at my (wife's) house.

Bob
Agreed , but I am lucky . We have an outdoor kitchen in the garage with 2 gas stoves we use for canning, summer cooking and the smelly stuff.

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder