Page 1 of 1

Wife cooked today

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:53 pm
by DavidBarkey
:wife: , was off today . So she cooked . Had Marvin Lee Aday and rice for supper . :thumbsup:

Re: Wife cooked today

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 pm
by Harry
I'm not sure what that is but if the wife cooked it, it must be good. :peace: Harry

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm
by Eugen
ahm... rice is good, sure. But don't know what the other dish :52: is :D

I will take this opportunity to say, it is beyond me why anyone would not want to have a :wife: :wave3:

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:36 pm
by propane1
Harry wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 pm I'm not sure what that is but if the wife cooked it, it must be good. :peace: Harry
That’s what I was thinking Harry.

Noel

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:44 pm
by Spike188
@DavidBarkey That made me laugh. It been the late 80' since I had any.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:51 pm
by JSinMO
@DavidBarkey That gave me a chuckle as well Mr Dave!

My :wife: makes a pretty good version of that.

From your description you could say that’s a 2 course meal so I guess “two out of three ain’t bad”! :rofl:

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:27 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
DavidBarkey wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:53 pm :wife: , was off today . So she cooked . Had Marvin Lee Aday and rice for supper . :thumbsup:
Had to look that up Dave, now I get it lol.......

Sounds like a good dinner for a cold day.

Bob

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:48 pm
by propane1
I got it. :40: :40: :45: :45: :giggle: :giggle:

Noel. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:18 pm
by Eugen
Haha, I had to google it. Never knew his real name. :124:

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:40 pm
by RoamingGnome
Yuk, yuk... Me 3, had to Google it as well... :124:

Always learn something interesting every time I log on here :thumbsup:

Perfect dinner for this time of year 😋

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:09 am
by propane1
Strangely, I’m not a fan of meatloaf. I like the ingredients, I just don’t like them all together. Now if I was invited for supper some where and meatloaf was the meal, I would surely would eat it. Just not my favorite thing.

Noel.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:35 am
by DavidBarkey
I knew most would have to Google it , that was the point . :rofl: I did not know his real name until his passing a few years back even though his music along with others were a big part of my younger years .
:cheers: :coffee:

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:39 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm ahm... rice is good, sure. But don't know what the other dish :52: is :D

I will take this opportunity to say, it is beyond me why anyone would not want to have a :wife: :wave3:
Well like all things these days . :wife: they're not made to last like they use to be . imho

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:40 am
by DavidBarkey
propane1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:09 am Strangely, I’m not a fan of meatloaf. I like the ingredients, I just don’t like them all together. Now if I was invited for supper some where and meatloaf was the meal, I would surely would eat it. Just not my favorite thing.

Noel.
:51: is much the same . For me it's comfort food .

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:58 am
by Harry
I agree with you David, comfort food. My wife came across a recipe in a weight watchers cook book. I lb. Of ground meat. Any will work beef, pork, chicken or turkey. One cup of oatmeal and one jar of salsa. Again salsa of your choice, I like the habanero hot salsa to give it a kick. The rest is up to you, peppers, celery, onions, garlic, carrots. I’ve added all kinds of things to mine even olives and any special seasoning. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is terrific in my opinion. 👍✌️Harry