Page 1 of 1

Paint Bomb shaker

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:13 am
by Harry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgz3Twf2pn4
I never saw this product before, but it looks like a great idea! I'm sure the creative members could DIY one of these easily enough. Have any of the members on this site purchased one or made one?

Keep the Peace
Harry

Re: Paint Bomb shaker

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:16 am
by DavidBarkey
Harry wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:13 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgz3Twf2pn4
I never saw this product before, but it looks like a great idea! I'm sure the creative members could DIY one of these easily enough. Have any of the members on this site purchased one or made one?

Keep the Peace
Harry
Not seen it before , but a heck of a good idea.

Dave

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 am
by Timj
Dave will have one made by lunch. :clap:

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:22 pm
by DavidBarkey
Timj wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 am Dave will have one made by lunch. :clap:
Not today have to finish clearing drifts and sorting my nut and bolts . :rofl:

Dave

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:47 pm
by Gordy
With no sawzall, I built one of the pipe type shakers years ago to use on the drill. Works great and easy to make, something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJ5qdCe8sY

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:55 pm
by Timj
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:22 pm
Timj wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 am Dave will have one made by lunch. :clap:
Not today have to finish clearing drifts and sorting my nut and bolts . :rofl:

Dave
Just think how much easier it would make it to shake a can of beer for that special friend. :rofl:

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:13 am
by DavidBarkey
Gordy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:47 pm With no sawzall, I built one of the pipe type shakers years ago to use on the drill. Works great and easy to make, something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJ5qdCe8sY

Gordy
Weld , Don Weld .
Shaken not stirred . :drink: :no:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:39 am
by Harry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAT5LPk59U
I saw this paint can shaker today, and it looks very easy to make and use.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:01 am
by Eugen
Never thought those cans need to be shaken that much! :109:

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:37 pm
by Gordy
Eugen wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:01 am Never thought those cans need to be shaken that much! :109:
New not so much. But grab a can that has been on the shelf for God knows how long, and things have settled and packed to the point extreme shaking is required to break up the packed contents to the point it does not clog the nozzle.

Gordy

Edit: Speaking of shaking up compacted material. Is everyone aware that dry chemical fire extinguishers need this at least annually? Several factories I worked in, had guys come through and turn the extinguishers upside down and beat them with a soft rubber mallet then roll them to fluff the chemicals.

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:16 pm
by propane1
Now that you mention the fire extinguisher Gordy , I better do that.

Any way. Made one of those can stirrers. Took about two minutes. Hehe. If any of you like cold drinks, you should have one of these coolers around. A two inch long 3/8” bolt and a nut. Two large washers. Paint can fits in snug. Put every thing into a small drill and spin just above slow. Hold horizontal for a minute, then tip to 45 degrees, while spinning, then back the other way 45 degrees, should hear the ball going back and forth. Then do it in reverse. There all stirred up. :thumbsup:

Boy that was quite a ramble. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:32 pm
by Eugen
Now that it's become a trend I'll have to make one too! :cheers:

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:58 pm
by Harry
Propane57 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:16 pm Now that you mention the fire extinguisher Gordy , I better do that.

Any way. Made one of those can stirrers. Took about two minutes. Hehe. If any of you like cold drinks, you should have one of these coolers around. A two inch long 3/8” bolt and a nut. Two large washers. Paint can fits in snug. Put every thing into a small drill and spin just above slow. Hold horizontal for a minute, then tip to 45 degrees, while spinning, then back the other way 45 degrees, should hear the ball going back and forth. Then do it in reverse. There all stirred up. :thumbsup:

Boy that was quite a ramble. :giggle:

Noel
I have a bunch of old cozies around. I'll have to make one the next time I'm in the shop. Like, tomorrow!

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:50 pm
by Gordy
The only thing that worries me about the cozies is that I have had the bottoms fall out just sliding a beer in and out :O

Gordy

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:35 am
by DavidBarkey
Someone posted this in one of the Facebook forums I read. https://www.facebook.com/1208355165/vid ... 361936872/

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:43 pm
by Gordy
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:35 am Someone posted this in one of the Facebook forums I read.[url]https://www.facebook.com/1208355165/vid ... 36872//url]

Dave
That requires me to sign in or join FB. Any chance you could copy and paste here what you wanted us to see?

Gordy

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:02 pm
by Eugen
The link doesn't work even with a fb account.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 am
by DavidBarkey
Try it now . For some reason lately every time I try using the URL button thing get screwed up . Don't why .

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
by Eugen
Now it says content not found.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:43 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am Now it says content not found.
Yet when I click on it , it works . :pullhair: :hm: Well as an old freind of mine all ways say in case like this . "Well that there is a problem to be solved , but it is way above my pay grade. "
I will try one more time .
https://www.facebook.com/1208355165/vid ... 361936872/

see if this works

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:21 am
by Eugen
E0C5D4F9-1DB2-4A63-8B77-6D4E503148EF.jpeg

For many things on fb you also need to be part of the right group to see content. Can you not copy and paste what you saw? Not the link, the content.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:58 am
by Gordy
I still get a page saying to login or create a new account.

Gordy

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:08 pm
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:21 am E0C5D4F9-1DB2-4A63-8B77-6D4E503148EF.jpeg

For many things on fb you also need to be part of the right group to see content. Can you not copy and paste what you saw? Not the link, the content.
It won't let me copy it , above my pay grade I guess . Just a 10 sec. vid. A old flat head single with the head off and a spray bomb adapter mounted to the piston . Electric motor driving the crank with belt and pulleys . Shake the can as the piston goes up and down . Thought it was funny .

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:39 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Always kind of irritated me when the fire extinguisher company would come to my shop for their annual inspection and all they would do was hold the dry chemical extinguishers upside down and beat them with a rubber hammer. Thought to myself, hell I could do that without giving them 200 bucks!

Bob

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm
by propane1
:giggle: I used my spray can shaker/stirrer today. Works great.

Noel

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:27 pm
by Harry
I needed to shake up two cans of high heat paint today and didn't want to spend much time making a shaker. So I got out my Dewalt reciprocating saw, put in a blade and a hose clamp. Clamped the can unto the blade using the hose clamp and shake away. It has a dial for regulate the speed. Clamped the saw in a vice and turned on the power and turned the dial so it wasn't going to fast. I had both cans shook up in no time.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:50 pm
by propane1
Great idea. :wave:

Noel

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:04 am
by DavidBarkey
Harry wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:27 pm I needed to shake up two cans of high heat paint today and didn't want to spend much time making a shaker. So I got out my Dewalt reciprocating saw, put in a blade and a hose clamp. Clamped the can unto the blade using the hose clamp and shake away. It has a dial for regulate the speed. Clamped the saw in a vice and turned on the power and turned the dial so it wasn't going to fast. I had both cans shook up in no time.

Keep the Peace
Harry
The other day I needed a old can shuck up real good . So I got my grandson to do it (he is ADHD teenager) . I looked at the bottom of the can for some reason afterwards and noticed the bottom looked like it went through a hammer mill . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It is hard to keep him on task at times but when you do he gives it his all . :thumbsup:

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:39 pm
by propane1
Need this shook up or stirred up. Worths paint high solids it said. Any way, Suppose to be good paint. So put it in my stirrer thing and spun it. Could not here the mixing ball. Tried and tried forward and reverse. Couldn’t hear ball. Had to take it out of stirrer and tap the bottom of the can on the bench. Turned it each tap. Took quite a few taps to get the ball moving. So then put it back in my stirrer and it worked fine. As I spun it and tipped can end for end I could hear the ball going back and forth. Would of took a lot of shaking by hand to get it mixed up. :D

Noel