Wall mount air compressor

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
thebuildist United States of America

Wall mount air compressor

Post by thebuildist »

One of the best ways to conserve shop space is to wall mount objects that would normally take up floor space.

In my garage I've had my shop vac wall mounted, about 4 feet high, for years now. I keep the switch turned on, and just plug it in or not as needed.

I just got this air compressor to keep in my garage, as my shop with the full size compressor is in the basement at the other end of the house. It's for filling tires and such. I've been using a little pancake compressor for a while now, but it's super loud and it takes 10 or 15 full minutes to fill up a car tire.

The new compressor is a much larger tank, runs much quieter, and has much higher cfm.

But it is a lot physically larger. Giving it space on the floor is out of the question.

I have some extra angle/web that was left over from the 6" C channel from which I built the arms of my new loader.

I welded a couple of them together in the shape of a big shelf bracket and welded on a brace to support the plywood deck at the outer end.

It gets the compressor into a space that's not otherwise being utilized, and doesn't affect walking or driving paths.

And because the steel has its own intrinsic strength I didn't need to install a triangle brace. That leaves unobstructed access to the wall space below the shelf, which is important, because I often keep sheet goods leaned against that wall space.

Not too amazing, but what I accomplished today.

Bob
PXL_20211231_152655983.MP.jpg
PXL_20211231_152719447.jpg
PXL_20211231_152708092.MP.jpg
PXL_20211231_152702581.jpg
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Timj United States of America

Re: Wall mount air compressor

Post by Timj »

We never seen to have enough space, and when we do, we always seem to find a way to fill it. Then we need to make better use of the space we have, it never ends. :dizzy:

Nice little project, and all done before lunch. :thumbsup:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace: