Getting prepared for winter

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
Timj United States of America

Re: Getting prepared for winter

Post by Timj »

DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 am Is there enough on the front of the lift to reposition the lift rod to the right ? What do you need , about an inch ? Maybe have to add a little to the end and "adjust the angle " at the bend a bit. Never simple is it .

Dave
That was my thought, there's not enough rod, so I'll have to weld a little on. Hopefully it is the same dimensions as 3/4" pipe. :smash:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

That should do it @Timj , but too bad, this complication was not what you needed. I haven't fired up the snow caster yet, though we got a couple inches of snow. Maybe I try today, hope there are no issues :65:

Edit: actually, if you wanted a quick fix, cut the rod in the middle and unite the two halves with a sleeve pipe that goes over, hopefully you'd find a pipe that's not loose over it. Then either a couple of spot welds or a couple of bolts?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Timj »

Eugen wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:50 am That should do it @Timj , but too bad, this complication was not what you needed. I haven't fired up the snow caster yet, though we got a couple inches of snow. Maybe I try today, hope there are no issues :65:
No snow here, and nothing serious in the forecast, so I a have a little time. I could throw the blade on if I had to.
It was just one of them surprise things, had a few minutes and thought perfect, will just slap it on.

Went back through the buy and sell posts and found a picture of the 4120 it came off. The cooler support is cut off or removed.
download/file.php?id=229&mode=view
I don't really want to do that.
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Maybe it is the angle the picture was taken from, but is the arm going to clear the oil filter? It looks like you have too long of a filter on the engine.

:cheers:
Gordy
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

What if you just put more bend in the lift arm? Would that clear the frame bracket enough? Just another reason I don't want a 4100 series. Lol jk...hope you figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Gordy It's the angle of the photo. I run the longer filter quite often. I have a longer filter on right now with my caster. There is plenty of room for the lift arm. If you look close enough right where the chute rotator tab is welded on the lift arm you can see the 4100 series have a bracket attatched to the top of the frame. That's where his issue is.

Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Jancoe wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:30 am Gordy It's the angle of the photo. I run the longer filter quite often. I have a longer filter on right now with my caster. There is plenty of room for the lift arm. If you look close enough right where the chute rotator tab is welded on the lift arm you can see the 4100 series have a bracket attatched to the top of the frame. That's where his issue is.

The OP was written well enough to figure out what he was talking about ;) I was just wondering if the filter was going to be another issue ;)

:cheers:
Gordy

Post by Timj »

Been thinking about it on and off today at work. Checked it out tonight. I think I'm going to straighten the bend out enough to get the clearance I need. (1) Then cut at (2) and weld in a short angle piece to get back to the lift plate.
KIMG0290~3.JPG
If I slide the lift arm to the right and bend it tighter to the left, it still will need to be lengthened at (2).

The angle of the pics make it look close to the oil filter, but it's about 3" above the lift arm. Always have ran the longer filter, easier to get ahold of to get off, and can just put 2quarts of oil in.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

As we all know there's nothing that brute force, the torch, and the welder can't fix. Winter is coming Tim!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Timj »

Wasn't too cold tonight, and it's been bugging me. So I brought the Onan powered Bobcat home and with a little help from the sawzall and grinder, I got the lift arm to clear. I bent the arm out away from the tractor, cut the arm, made a offset, and welded it up. All it needs is a little paint.
KIMG0293.JPG
Now back to the list, up next, new shoes on the caster and hydraulic oil change. :smash: