snow caster mods.

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
ras101 United States of America

Re: snow caster mods.

Post by ras101 »

Been a while... my health is not what it was when I was younger is my excuse... So still have my snow caster in the shop, and completely stripped down to just parts. I have ordered from Brian at SalemPwr Chain tensioner parts from a Berco but still not sure I will use that approach. The Parts were reasonably cheap so I thought I would check them out. I have also ordered "spade bolts" from Mc/Master Carr as an alternative to fabricate SB parts caster parts too. Let you know what I decide.

In the mean time my caster is being sandblasted and epoxy primed..

Ray
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

So in finally determining my "new to me" chain tension method i am looking at two alternatives - whatever I decide on will be fitted to both my J46 and L46 casters. My preferred method would be to move up to the SB standard but I am also very interested in the Berco model too. So I have ordered parts for both styles to check them out. I decided to order the Berco parts from SalemPwr and the Spade bolts from McMaster Carr but here's the twist The spade blts I ordered have a 1/4 inch thread not 3/8 so we shall see...
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Had to replace my chute rotator motor the other day. I was fooling around trying to build a big hill of snow for the kids by placing all my snow from my large drive into one area. It's been bitter cold and had some ice jambs on the chute coil. A few times out blowing had to chip away at the ice again. Chewed up the plastic gears and now it's shot. I had another little motor laying around so I welded up a bracket to my existing mount. It's 120 rpms and does the job. All metal gears in this one. The old was 150rpms, which I think was a better speed and some black paint makes it look nice for now.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk