Black and Decker valve refacer

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
Eugen Canada

Black and Decker valve refacer

Post by Eugen »

I too ran into this device and couldn't let it go. Totally impulse buy, and it was merely a mile away from me for $100. It's missing the rhs stone for the valve stem, and the coolant tray. It did come with the diamond dresser for the stone, but the stand is wobly and I think it's missing something there. I cannot find an operator or parts manual to figure out how to fix the stone dresser in its place. The motors both work and the valve refacing stone seems fine yet I'd like to dress it properly before I attempt refaceing a valve. :spin:

Any of you have any idea about this device? :bee: :worship:

0E71D0A2-22B7-4A39-809E-8B9134E5C631.jpeg
3CD48B3F-F9DD-408C-91A5-F0BA20995C8A.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Black and Decker valve refacer

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen , I saw that to. While I was himming and hawwing about it the lathe came up and well the rest is history . Glad someone picked it up and did not go to scrap . I used one years ago during my apprenticeship . Quality machines .
Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I was honestly surprised you didn't snatch it. But it's in the collective :D so you can have it any time you want. I know you use the lathe for valve refacing but if you want to use this you're more than welcome no strings attached. :wave3:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Duh moment last night. I said previously that something must be missing with the post that holds the diamond tipped stone dresser. Well, what was missing was some intelligence on my part! :geek: After the kids went to sleep had a look at it again and thought the only way to fixate the post to the base must be like tightening a screw. It was stuck but after some penetrating oil and a little brute force it let go. I was able to dress the stone real nice! :smash:

For anyone out there who might find themselves in the same predicament here's a short clip of taking the post off.

Had an old valve and was curious to try the machine on it. For lacking the coolant tray I just sprayed wd40. The outcome looks pretty good to me.

Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Duh moment last night. I said previously that something must be missing with the post that holds the diamond tipped stone dresser. Well, what was missing was some intelligence on my part! :geek: After the kids went to sleep had a look at it again and thought the only way to fixate the post to the base must be like tightening a screw. It was stuck but after some penetrating oil and a little brute force it let go. I was able to dress the stone real nice! :smash:

For anyone out there who might find themselves in the same predicament here's a short clip of taking the post off.

Had an old valve and was curious to try the machine on it. For lacking the coolant tray I just sprayed wd40. The outcome looks pretty good to me.

Case 224, 444, 644, 680E