Cordless Battery Powered tools

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
thebuildist United States of America

Re: Cordless Battery Powered tools

Post by thebuildist »

I'm like @DavidBarkey :

I had a full set of the Ryobi tools when they were dark blue and nicad years ago. When they came out with the seamless upgrade to the lithium models I just changed along with them. So now I have a full range of Ryobi tools many of them duplicated. A couple skill saw as a couple sawzalls seven or eight drills 1/2-in impact gun a couple of the impact drivers right angle drill vacuum flashlights etc.

But I will admit that I have looked longingly at some of the compact sized brushless tools that Milwaukee and others have come out with.

The other day the torque test channel on YouTube tested the latest offerings from harbor freight. And harbor freights Hercules 1/2-in compact drill driver was extremely competitive with anything made by Milwaukee or DeWalt.

And their quarter inch impact driver actually outperformed every similar tool that they've tested so far!

Harbor freights latest Hercules brushless quarter inch impact driver generates 200 foot pounds! And this is from harbor freight!

What is the world coming to?

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I think I’m the dinosaur of the group! I only have one Dewalt cordless drill,a 80volt weed eater, and an off brand battery powered grease gun! I’m still running air tools, impact, drill, ratchet, die grinder, etc! I see the advantages of battery equipment, but I don’t make a living with them other than the drill. Maybe someday I’ll upgrade!
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

I held off for a long time on jumping in to cordless, poor performance and life of cordless drills and having all the needed corded Milwaukee's kept me away till they got good. I now have M18 stuff for my work. Not having to mess with a cord saves so much time.
Most all of the players have really upped their game. The thing is once you start building a set you are kinda stuck with that brand and hope they don't change things up and go to a different battery style. :114:
On the job sites I'm on some of the builders are still running DeWalt but most all the other trades are running Milwaukee.
I've watched a couple guys cutting trees with the M18 chainsaw and was impressed with the speed and battery life. :thumbsup:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace: