Page 1 of 1

Garage Hoist / Spreader bar

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:32 pm
by TLD89
Just installed a trolly hoist and spreader bar with 6' strap. Works great for the Ingersolls.

Re: Garage Hoist / Spreader bar

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:40 pm
by Eugen
Very neat device, I like it! :thumbsup:

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:59 pm
by RoamingGnome
That looks pretty handy! :worship:

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:10 pm
by DavidBarkey
I can a test to the handiness of that . You will love it. I have used one of these for years now .
image.png
Found it in the barn after we moved in . lol Works great with the winch on the beam trolly .

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 pm
by JSinMO
Nicely done! I really like to have something like that at some point.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm
by DavidBarkey
@TLD89 Get your self 2 shorter straps so you can pic the front end by the axle . You will thank me when you need to work underneath. :cheers:

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:14 am
by Harry
I always thought a jib crane would be handy in a shop. I’ve worked in some shops that had them. They swing in a radius so your not confined to be under the rail. A lot of my ideas are just ideas. Time flies and I’m getting to old to use them. Sometimes I say to myself I’m making a nice shop for someone else to work in. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:45 am
by Timj
Harry wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:14 am I always thought a jib crane would be handy in a shop. I’ve worked in some shops that had them. They swing in a radius so your not confined to be under the rail. A lot of my ideas are just ideas. Time flies and I’m getting to old to use them. Sometimes I say to myself I’m making a nice shop for someone else to work in. :peace: Harry
I had been looking for a jib crane for years for my shop. They were few and far between used or the ones I found were too big and expensive. I don't know why but recently there's been numerous nice, reasonable priced ones popping up on my Market Place feed. But now I don't have a big shop to put one in. :106:

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:01 am
by RoamingGnome
Jib cranes are really handy - perfect for getting something heavy off the floor and onto a work bench (I should look at the blueprints for my garage and see if it could be an option before we actually start construction) I often thought a "supersized" cherry picker would be handy - an extra foot or two of lift height would make it easier to get stuff on a bench...

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 am
by thebuildist
Wow, that sure must be nice to have.

Is the rail made specifically for this purpose? It almost looks like door track.

Bob

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:56 am
by TLD89
thebuildist wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 am Wow, that sure must be nice to have.

Is the rail made specifically for this purpose? It almost looks like door track.

Bob
Bob the rail is unistrut system. I bought rolling trolly that fit inside the u strut.

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am
by Ingersoll224
In a related note, I got my hoist installed in my new shed. 880# electric hoist on unistrut track. All implements can now be stored in the loft.
IMG_6245.JPEG
Up up and away
IMG_6248.JPEG

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:05 am
by Eugen
That is so neat @Ingersoll224 ! :cheers:

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:10 am
by RoamingGnome
Thanks for sharing your photos @Ingersoll224 , Our garage plans include a second storey, I was discussing with :wife: how I could have workshop space upstairs and not have to haul everything up the steps... :cheers:

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:24 am
by Ingersoll224
@RoamingGnome It works really well. It's hard to see, but off the the right is my tiller attachment tucked under a shelf. When winter is done my snow caster will go up there.
IMG_6268.JPEG
I have been building through the winter. Down to siding and roof.

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:04 am
by Harry
Certainly a project to be proud of. 👍✌️Harry

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:18 am
by keith
That's so neat and tidy. Really must give you great satisfaction of building the structure. I can't see if you have wheeled carts under the heavy stuff, but would be a back saver for sure. Outstanding results! :cheers:

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 am
by RoamingGnome
That is a very nice looking build! @Ingersoll224 :thumbsup: How big is the footprint of your Shed? I like the way you are using the upper level for storage - makes me consider building one in addition to our garage...
We are hoping to start construction on house and garage this year - the garage plans should end up looking like this:
garage - skylark lane.jpg

Unfortunately where it is going still needs a lot of clearing and prep work...
PXL_20220809_164146011.MP.jpg
But first we have to sell house in the city so we can afford construction in the country... :headbash:

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:33 am
by Eugen
Gerry, this is good motivation to get the bigger backhoe running so you can nicely clear that spot. :thumbsup:

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:48 am
by RoamingGnome
@Eugen - just waiting for "real" spring - we haven't been up there since last November, definitely got the itch to get going...

And fixing :j is high on the list of priorities this spring

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:00 pm
by Ingersoll224
@RoamingGnome village ordinances say I have to be under 200 sf to be 10' from lot line. I could go 1,200 sf if 20'+ off lot line. With our lot I could not make 20' work to go bigger. I am 12'-6" x 15' -11 1/2" to get me at 199.5 SF :). 15' is height limit, and I think will be at 14'-10". I should have just enough room (by 1 1/2") inside to park my Mustang in the winter. :) I am still debating what goes in the attached garage in winter.
IMG_5716.JPEG

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:46 pm
by JSinMO
@Ingersoll224 That’s a great hoist setup! Great use of space! :thumbsup: That car is awesome! More pictures please! I currently have a 2011 but I’d trade in a heartbeat! :))
IMG_3925.jpeg
@RoamingGnome that garage plan really looks nice. That will be a great space to work in instead of always being in the “big sky garage”! I’m really excited for you guys. Am looking forward to your clearing and building adventures! Hopefully you can fix your big Case up good enough so you don’t need rain gear to drive it! :D

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:25 pm
by DavidBarkey
@Ingersoll224 Nice set up. \should serve you well.

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:21 am
by propane1
Nice Mustang. Is it a 1966 ? My son has an 2006 V8 manual transmission Mustang.

Noel