Page 1 of 1

Blasting cabinet

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 am
by DavidBarkey
:51: and I are going to pickup my new sand blasting cabinet today . Early B-day gift to me . PA have them on sale until Sunday . It will make parts clean up in winter a lot easier 10 x 21 in. plexiglass viewing window and 33-1/2 x 22 x 18 in. internal work area . :highfive:

Re: Blasting cabinet

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:48 am
by Eugen
That is one great present Dave! Very exciting! :D :worship:

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:13 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:48 am That is one great present Dave! Very exciting! :D :worship:
Sometimes I am good to myself .

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:49 am
by RoamingGnome
New Tools are always fun! :worship:
I have the table top version - sometimes wish I had held out for the bigger one you are getting...

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:25 am
by propane1
My son built this a few years ago. Big enough for most shop parts.

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:35 am
by RoamingGnome
That's awesome Noel ! - Good use for an old oil tank, I'll have to remember that :cheers:

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:12 pm
by Harry
That is an terrific blast cabinet Noel. I think I would like to make one. Another project to add to the list! :thumbsup: :peace: Harry

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:48 pm
by Jancoe
Blasting cabinets are great. When I purchased mine I bought a bench top on clearance. Couldn't pass up the price. When I put it together I decided to pull the chute assembly down to the bottom and made a stand to hold it. Gained 8" of height when I did it. Noel you got a nice one there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:54 pm
by DavidBarkey
propane1 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:25 am My son built this a few years ago. Big enough for most shop parts.

Noel
:O :worship: thats huge Noel . Is that made from an old furnace oil tank ?

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:08 pm
by DavidBarkey
:51: and I made the 2 hour round trip to Barrie and back stopping at a couple of stores . 4 hours of "some assembly required " and it is together . By that time I was done , time for a rest . We will fire it up tomorrow . I opted for LED rope light instead of the light "purchased separately " . I found use others one in the past the was too many shadows . Hopefully having a halo of light around the top will solve this . Now that I have it , I need to find a spot in the shop for it before weighting it down with sand . :headbash: Almost didn't buy it because I don't know where I am going to put it .

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:47 pm
by propane1
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:54 pm
propane1 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:25 am My son built this a few years ago. Big enough for most shop parts.

Noel
:O :worship: thats huge Noel . Is that made from an old furnace oil tank ?

Yes Dave. Works great.

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:51 pm
by propane1
Sons has a fluorescent light up in the top inside.

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:27 pm
by JSinMO
@DavidBarkey thats my issue too, I’d love to have one but I have no idea where I would put it!

@propane1 Thats a great idea! Looks like he did a really good job building it! :thumbsup:

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:49 pm
by Jancoe
David, I'm sure you know but just a reminder to seal up all the inside seams and rivets well with sealant so the dust doesn't leak out while in use. I haven't used mine in a while. I've been experimenting with my electrolysis tank. Nothing can compare to clean blasted metal though that's for sure.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:48 am
by DavidBarkey
Jancoe wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:49 pm David, I'm sure you know but just a reminder to seal up all the inside seams and rivets well with sealant so the dust doesn't leak out while in use. I haven't used mine in a while. I've been experimenting with my electrolysis tank. Nothing can compare to clean blasted metal though that's for sure.

I have a large shop vac( dust extractor that I will use with it . But yah after I make sure all is how I want it I am going to coat the inside with automotive stone guard to seal the seams and protect the metal interior . It is a cheap off shore one , so some upgrades are needed . If it was a Quality piece it would have been 3-4 time the cost and weighed more than I can move .

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:09 pm
by DavidBarkey
:51: see :51: do .
20230312_134147.jpg
He is having a Blast :rofl: but the vac. is a little load so wears the muffs . The shop coat is for show . :rofl:

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:42 pm
by Eugen
Awesome! :D :thumbsup:

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:34 am
by DavidBarkey
He did 4 parts yesterday . Then whet out after supper and built a cardboard hood over the viewing glass to get rid of the reflection of exterior light . It works really good . He has to stand on a couple of 4x4s for now .