Tools we all need.

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Tools we all need.

Post by DavidBarkey »

I am not sure about the rest of you , but the tool I use the most now is spell check . with out it no one would not be able to understood what I wright . :violin: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:03 am I am not sure about the rest of you , but the tool I use the most now is spell check . with out it no one would not be able to understood what I wright . :violin: :rofl:
:)) Don't feel alone there Dave :blush:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Yes David, spell check is great, but auto correct can be a PITA. Sometimes I go back and proof read my posts. :pullhair: Then I have to edit then for mistakes. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Harry wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:00 am Yes David, spell check is great, but auto correct can be a PITA. Sometimes I go back and proof read my posts. :pullhair: Then I have to edit then for mistakes. :peace: Harry
I tried that once after about 5 min. the computer did this :124: :rofl: It couldn't figure out what i was trying to say . :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

My :wife: turns autocorrect off on all my devices. She says "if anyone corrects you ever that would be ME!" :rofl:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:05 am My :wife: turns autocorrect off on all my devices. She says "if anyone corrects you ever that would be ME!" :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I don't know if you guys have temu.com in the US, but they are kinda new here in Canada, and I thought I'd give them a try, ordered a few things. It's an online business with very cheap items, obviously coming from China.

This is the tool I ordered, which looked pretty impressive when you look at the video. Drill bits with tungsten carbide tips apparently.
Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 11.23.43.png
When they arrived I tested one on wood, clearly it worked without a problem. Then I tried it on steel and the sharp tip would not go in, so I thought "lesson learned" I just got some garbage and threw them in the drawer.

A few days ago I was working on the eyelet of one of the hydraulic cylinder rods, the grease zerk was broken in the hole from time immemorial probably, so there I go with a good HSS drill bit at it. The bit gets dull immediately. Hm... ok, sharpen it, go again, dull again. OK, maybe it was a bad bit I tell myself, and get another bit. That gets dull too and makes no progress drilling the hole. Then I remembered about the toy carbide tipped bits from temu.com and thought wth, doesn't hurt to try. Picked the right slightly smaller size than the zerk and the bit went in like through butter. :O Whaaat? Turns out, after more testing, that this type of drill bits have a hard time starting the hole. But if there's any way it can catch on the material, like a bit of a hole already, then they really dig in. Now I like them a lot, for those situations when you need to put a hole in very hard metal.

These are the ones I got

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs= ... e_sn=10045
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Thats good to know . Most bolts are case hardened . So the centre is soft enough for small bit to start a hole , but the outer diameter will dull most bits. That where these would come in really handy.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

One thing I forgot to add about the temu.com business. In the last month and a half I made four orders from them. Shipping is free to Canada, and I've never seen such small prices, for quality that I would say it's at Walmart level. The shipping came three times later by a few days than what they promised, which was about 2 weeks. Every time it was late they added $5 to my account. All orders did come through though.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Eugen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:34 am I don't know if you guys have temu.com in the US, but they are kinda new here in Canada, and I thought I'd give them a try, ordered a few things. It's an online business with very cheap items, obviously coming from China.
FWIW... I have read some pretty troubling things about Temu's app/interface. It aggressively looks to grant itself access to data it has absolutly no need or right to. While I love a good bargin, I'm not willing to go that far.