Shop lights

Tools, fabrication, measuring, storing...
Harry United States of America

Re: Shop lights

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the post Eugen! I saw some black Friday sale ads and seen some LED shop lights for sale. I could use some in my shop to replace the old eight foot fluorescent ones. The lean to has no lights in there so a few shop lights would be perfect to help find things in there.
Keep the :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

How did that old song go???

I can see clearly now the lights are on, it's going to be a bright bright beautiful night ;)

:cheers:
Gordy
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Now that we have Eugen enlightened :giggle: what about putting lights on the wall about 3’ up from the floor, like the body shop paint booths have. And not bright ones. That may help to see a bit. My eyes don’t like bright light I guess. I find the bright led’s hard on my eyes.
Any way. Just a thought. I know I couldn’t put lights on my side walls in my garage. Hehe. I wonder why ? :hm:

Noel. :D
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:21 am Now that we have Eugen enlightened :giggle: what about putting lights on the wall about 3’ up from the floor, like the body shop paint booths have. And not bright ones. That may help to see a bit. My eyes don’t like bright light I guess. I find the bright led’s hard on my eyes.
Any way. Just a thought. I know I couldn’t put lights on my side walls in my garage. Hehe. I wonder why ? :hm:

Noel, ok, fine, I'll be serious for a moment. This is my experience with light and fixing things like cars and tractors. I've been fixing my car for many years, in an underground building garage, so very poor lighting. I used a rechargeable light bar, about 26 inch long, from Canadian Tire; not as bad as the smaller lights. I have no way to lift our Case tractors up much, so I don't do much at all underneath them. Work on our tractors is usually from above. All this ramble to say that for work on our tractors this new light I got is amazing. It's a little easier on the eyes when it's dimmed to a lower setting, yet enough light to work comfortable. No artificial light will replace natural light, we know that, but for me, this new light has made a huge difference.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Got ya Eugen. Didn’t mean to cause a ruffle. I use one of these head mounted light quite often either above or below the thing I’m working on. Just another thought.

Noel
Attachments
image.jpg
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 pm Got ya Eugen. Didn’t mean to cause a ruffle. I use one of these head mounted light quite often either above or below the thing I’m working on. Just another thought.

Noel
No ruffles here :) I used head mounted lights when working on the car many times, and I still do occasionally. But when I got the light bar it made a big difference, and used the head mounted light less. The light bar will cast fewer strong shadows and it's easier on the eye. It is thin enough to be able to push it between things and give you pretty good lighting in tight spots, but it has magnets and hooks to hang it behind you if needed. When I worked lying on my back under the car I would lay it flat next to me, and that gave plenty of light for the job. But you have access to your son's hoist, changes everything. :)
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Hoists are nice. Still have to get light in some how. And in some cases with me standing bent backwards plus straining my neck back to look up at stuff is hard on my back. So hoists have there limits, for me any way.

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:32 pm Hoists are nice. Still have to get light in some how. And in some cases with me standing bent backwards plus straining my neck back to look up at stuff is hard on my back. So hoists have there limits, for me any way.

Noel
Weld an extension on top Noel! Make it bigger! :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:21 am Now that we have Eugen enlightened :giggle: what about putting lights on the wall about 3’ up from the floor, like the body shop paint booths have. And not bright ones. That may help to see a bit. My eyes don’t like bright light I guess. I find the bright led’s hard on my eyes.

Pore some gas on the floor and light a match . you will see underneath just fine for a second or 2 .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:32 pm Hoists are nice. Still have to get light in some how. And in some cases with me standing bent backwards plus straining my neck back to look up at stuff is hard on my back. So hoists have there limits, for me any way.

Noel
Now you know why I don't wrench cars anymore . Imagine 30 years of that and what it will do to you. Even with the hoist sometimes I use the crane and stand it on it end to work underneath.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder