greenhouse heater

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
Eugen Canada

Re: greenhouse heater

Post by Eugen »

Good point about the condensation, that could be a problem with water gathering at the bottom of the pipes. Some sort of system to pump that out should be in place. Also, what about mold. Once the pipes are so deep how are they to be maintained? Hm... :hm:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:34 am Must be a formula for sizing the amount of and size of pipe to match the building size ?

Noel
Yes there is but , it is beyond my focus right now . Plus have figure out how big the green house will be .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:39 am Good point about the condensation, that could be a problem with water gathering at the bottom of the pipes. Some sort of system to pump that out should be in place. Also, what about mold. Once the pipes are so deep how are they to be maintained? Hm... :hm:

This site explains a lot of this .
https://ceresgs.com/10-dos-and-donts-fo ... er-system/

Based on the design here I may go with this style . Not sure yet .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

got what I beleave to be an accurate ground temp reading today . We have a 30 dug well with 6' of water column. After waiting until right near the end of the pump cycle so as to have as close to ground temp as possible . The reading at the pump intake was 48 F . Which is close to the 50-55 at 8' I have been told for this area . That would keep things from freezing over night in winter and cool in summer as long as the run sizing is correct for the size of structure . Definitely something to think about for the future .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder