Tilling with an Ingersoll 4118D

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
Eugen Canada

Re: Tilling with an Ingersoll 4118D

Post by Eugen »

@Harry sorry, can you please elaborate about what didn't impress you with the center drive? I have tilled our garden a few times with my center drive, including with a 220. But first I ran the moldboard plough deep through the whole garden, and only then the tiller, at a very slow speed, and very deep. Inch at a time :snail: . I can tell you that the soil was so puffy and soft, and very small clods, going at least 8" deep. I can't imagine the soil can be better than this. Therefore, I wonder what you got with the center drive that you didn't like. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Harry United States of America

Re: Tilling with an Ingersoll 4118D

Post by Harry »

Eugen wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:30 am @Harry sorry, can you please elaborate about what didn't impress you with the center drive? I have tilled our garden a few times with my center drive, including with a 220. But first I ran the moldboard plough deep through the whole garden, and only then the tiller, at a very slow speed, and very deep. Inch at a time :snail: . I can tell you that the soil was so puffy and soft, and very small clods, going at least 8" deep. I can't imagine the soil can be better than this. Therefore, I wonder what you got with the center drive that you didn't like. :cheers:
As compared to the quality of tilling I get with my Troybilt, the center drive did not meet my expectations. I do have some heavy clay soil and the center drive did not break it up like the Troybilt. I went over the area slowly at full throttle in different directions and it still did not match what my Troybilt does. I don't have a plough but maybe I should. Like I said earlier I think I'm slowly getting out of gardening like I use to. The last few years I planted pumpkins for the grand-children and some hot peppers for myself.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226