Page 1 of 1

home hiller

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 am
by DavidBarkey
Our property has a slight grade from back down to front with a 6-8' drop over 400 ' . We run our hiller side to side in the garden to aid it moister retention reducing run off as we are very sandy here . It works great . The hardest thing is keeping straight lines as I had never driven a tractor until 9 years ago . Getting better but is still a work in progress .
Dave

Re: home hiller

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am
by Eugen
I really like your hiller Dave! How wide do the hills end up being?

I have plans to build something like that, got two large discs from a guy near Brantford. I'm thinking 4 feet between hills.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:25 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am I really like your hiller Dave! How wide do the hills end up being?

I have plans to build something like that, got two large discs from a guy near Brantford. I'm thinking 4 feet between hills.
It makes them about 18" wide at the base and 6-8" tall . I try to keep them about 24" between the row at the bases as I have 21" rear tine tiller that I use for weeding between the rows .
Dave

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:00 am
by propane1
My potatoe patch rows are 5.5 feet centre to centre of the row. So that gives me about 48” or so between the rows. Give me enough room for Grunt and what ever attachment Im going to use. No walk behind stuff for me :giggle:

Noel