Gardens 2022

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
propane1 Canada

Re: Gardens 2022

Post by propane1 »

Ya Eugen, I’d rather be sod plowing than snow plowing. :giggle:

Noel
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Thanks for the spirit lifter, I needed that :thumbsup: Woke up to -21f again this mourning :headbash:

:cheers:
Gordy
Doublet United States of America

Post by Doublet »

Propane57 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:19 am Some pictures of my plowing last fall. Sadly I will be cutting my potatoe gardens in half this year. So that means less tractor fun. I was hoping to have the Case 446 do some plowing, but never happened. I need to get a sleeve hitch for it so I can hook up my Plow, tandem disks, cultivator, potato hiller and other homemade attachments. So I use a LGT 100 Ford tractor aka Grunt. It does all the garden work. Worn out 10hp kohler k engine, that should of had rings put in 10 years ago. But it works great, smokes a little, clean the fouled up plug ever now and then and away you go.

Any way, ramblin again, so picture time.

Noel
Great Job, Excellent job of plowing! Wish it were that time of year again. And that warm!

Doublet (Terry)
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"

Post by Doublet »

Doublet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:18 pm
Propane57 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:19 am Some pictures of my plowing last fall. Sadly I will be cutting my potatoe gardens in half this year. So that means less tractor fun. I was hoping to have the Case 446 do some plowing, but never happened. I need to get a sleeve hitch for it so I can hook up my Plow, tandem disks, cultivator, potato hiller and other homemade attachments. So I use a LGT 100 Ford tractor aka Grunt. It does all the garden work. Worn out 10hp kohler k engine, that should of had rings put in 10 years ago. But it works great, smokes a little, clean the fouled up plug ever now and then and away you go.

Noel
@Propane57 It looks to me your location is Prince Edward Island. I have a couple of questions because I really have a hard time keeping areas of Canada straight in my mind.
Note to @Eugen This may be a good reason for a member map, just a thought. Don't want anyone thinking we are tracking them. Maybe in could be done to show an approximate location, Now I am rambling. lol :dizzy:

Back to original thought:
1. How many Case garden tractors might be on Island?
2. How did they get there to start with?
3. Year models that may be found there.
4. What types of jobs do people have there?

Doublet (Terry)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

As a side note, @Doublet there is a "usermap" extension for our forum software, but it needs a couple of things that complicates things: the postal code, country, and an account on geonames.org The last one, the account, is easy, I can do that. But it seems to me a poor choice to ask for the postal code for privacy reasons. I don't feel comfortable installing this. For entertainment purposes, a rough location such as "Port McNicoll, Ontario, Canada" is more than enough to put a pin on a map. One day if I have time I will write something like that. Sorry! :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Doublet wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:36 am
Doublet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:18 pm

Noel
@Propane57 It looks to me your location is Prince Edward Island. I have a couple of questions because I really have a hard time keeping areas of Canada straight in my mind.
Note to @Eugen This may be a good reason for a member map, just a thought. Don't want anyone thinking we are tracking them. Maybe in could be done to show an approximate location, Now I am rambling. lol :dizzy:

Back to original thought:
1. How many Case garden tractors might be on Island?
2. How did they get there to start with?
3. Year models that may be found there.
4. What types of jobs do people have there?

Doublet (Terry)
Maybe five Case garden tractors. Could be more. I have two of them.

Was a Case dealership here but I don’t know if they sold the darden tractors. I would say brought here, by people moving here, or nuts like me that collect stuff.

Basic models between 1975 or so to 1985 or so.

Constuction, farming, fishing, tourism.

Hope this helps Terry

Noel.

Post by Doublet »

Noel, Thanks for information

I have seen Case and Ingersoll tractors show up in strangest out of the way places and in many Countries. Always curious on how they got there.

Doublet (Terry)

Post by Doublet »

Eugen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:14 am As a side note, @Doublet there is a "usermap" extension for our forum software, but it needs a couple of things that complicates things: the postal code, country, and an account on geonames.org The last one, the account, is easy, I can do that. But it seems to me a poor choice to ask for the postal code for privacy reasons. I don't feel comfortable installing this. For entertainment purposes, a rough location such as "Port McNicoll, Ontario, Canada" is more than enough to put a pin on a map. One day if I have time I will write something like that. Sorry! :D
I understand completely,

Doublet (Terry)
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: ↑Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:14 am
As a side note, @Doublet there is a "usermap" extension for our forum software, but it needs a couple of things that complicates things: the postal code, country, and an account on geonames.org The last one, the account, is easy, I can do that. But it seems to me a poor choice to ask for the postal code for privacy reasons. I don't feel comfortable installing this. For entertainment purposes, a rough location such as "Port McNicoll, Ontario, Canada" is more than enough to put a pin on a map. One day if I have time I will write something like that. Sorry! :D
I understand. But for those who have listed their city and state/province. It is a simple matter of copy and paste into a search engine to come up with the postal/area code, All of about 2 minutes to do it.

:cheers:
Gordy
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Our garden was almost all uncovered with the mild weather . The chickens and duck were loving it . But sadly is covered in a little white $hit again today . :violin: They are calling for more today . :barf:

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder