teaching the next generation.

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
DavidBarkey Canada

teaching the next generation.

Post by DavidBarkey »

I have been slowly, when I have extra time teaching our grandson how to use tools and how to take stuff apart . Haven't got to the fix and put back together part yet (he is 13 and easily distracted. But with recent events I have been force to stop and spend more time . Life goes on and stuff still needs to get done . So now he is learning how to drive Frankie in full loader package so we can get things put away and brought out getting ready for winter. Fortunately I am not very tall , at 13 he is already tall enough to reach the pedals and controls where I have them set for me . He already has an Bolen's articulating lawn mower specifically set up for him to drive and does a lot of the grass cutting when I don't need to "test drive " customers lawn mowers. He is learning how to weld with a mig , how to identify size of hardware and what tool to choose to do the job . Try to teach him not everything is take apart or put together with a hammer and the bigger hammer does not always make the job easier . Oh is a boy :lol: :lol: . You could n't wipe the smile off his face with a 2x4 the first time he got to drive grandpa's tractor :) ( nobody drives Frankie but Grandpa ) . So there has been some silver linings to this whole ordeal. This weekend potatoes and onions have to come out of the ground . So he is going to learn how to remove the loader , doors counter weight and install the subsoil finger head on the 3 point hitch and how to drive a straight line so the wife and friends can harvest onions and potatoes. We have friends come out and help us with the harvesting ect. and they get paid in fresh produce . Win ,win for everyone .
Hope everyone is managing ok and is able to fine the upside to all adversity that come their way . :cheers:

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: teaching the next generation.

Post by Eugen »

I'm sure it feels great to pass on the knowledge but also seeing a young boy having an interest in real things is a blessing these days when tv and video games can pretty much eat up a young boy's life. Good on you to do this, hoping I get to do the same with my sons when they grow up! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: