Antique Plow day

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
Spike188 Canada

Antique Plow day

Post by Spike188 »

antique field day.jpg
A plow day was held a few miles from me this weekend and a neighbor keeps bugging me to show up. My plow has a stipped turn buckle on it and is unusable untill repaired.
Plowing first time RS.jpg
The last time plowing with the 448 was 2016. One fellow at the match said that the 448 and plow were not old enough and the tractor needed to be at least 20 hp.
antique field day crop.jpg
My neighbor laughed and said his Massey poney is only 12hp so bring the Case next time. If the 656 IH qualified at the top end then the "Garden Tractor" will qualify at the bottom.

It was a great way to meet more neighbors.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Re: Antique Plow day

Post by Eugen »

Too bad about the defective plow Spike! :( Still must've been a blast to be at the plow match! Something I'd enjoy attending that's for sure. :smash: Thanks for sharing! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Sure do like like Plow days. But have not had May in the last two years. Our Plow match was canceled the last two years. I’ve gone to Plow days and tractor runs in Wallace, NS quite a few times. And some of them come to our Plow match here. I went to one Plow day in Wallace and and my NS buddie lent me one of his tractors and Plow to use. Was a Ford 9N. Seven of us plowed, along with the fella that lent me the tractor. I was the only entrant from PEI. I ended up coming first place, and the NS Buddy that lent me the tractor came in fourth. Boy did he ever get a ribbin from his buddies. And I did a little ribbin too. Hehe. Was great fun. I kinda don’t think it will ever come back to the way it was, sadly.

Any way, ramblin again.

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

It will Noel! You will see! Remember what I said. This covid is just another snag but it will pass soon. Humanity got over much worse things!

That being said, I would like to go to plow days very much! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Eugen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:25 pm It will Noel! You will see! Remember what I said. This covid is just another snag but it will pass soon. Humanity got over much worse things!

That being said, I would like to go to plow days very much! :cheers:
Well hopefully Eugen. But some of my thinking is not just the covid. Some of the NS buddies are having their health troubles. One did 3 years ago, another is I think 90 now, he looks like 65-70, another fellas wife has cancer, and we’re all getting older. So weather we all get together again is hard to say. Hopefully, but one never knows.

Noel
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

There was a fella from Ontario that would come to PEI to our Dundas Plow Match. He was an older fella, had a Chev 1ton dually truck and a international or Farmall tractor and two sod trailing Plow, he came a few years in a row. This was 7 or 8 years ago or so now. He would find all the Plow matches between Ontario and PEI and would , as he said it, Plow is way here, then Plow his way home. Nice fella. Can’t remember his name.

Noel