Holy mowin

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
Timj United States of America

Holy mowin

Post by Timj »

So it's the middle of July and I just hit 25 hours of mowing for the season. :violin: I know we started the earliest I can remember, but in early June it was dried up and went 3weeks without cutting. Usually it's burnt up now and we get a little break. :124:
Though I'm not really complaining, I enjoy the seat time. :69: and the yard looks great.
:48: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Re: Holy mowin

Post by Eugen »

Ha! Nice!

I only mowed once, and even that not everywhere. Had to use the scythe in a few spots, the vegetation is up to my belt! :smash:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Sure saving gas this year :122: We did mow a week ago, but that was just to knock down the green weeds in the brown grass :headbash:

:cheers:
Gordy
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

We're having the opposite problem down here - rain almost every other day for past many weeks. Another 2 inches yesterday! Definitely an unusually wet summer, glad our tenant farmer was able to get the wheat off (he was removing combine head as more rain settled in). I had to stop mowing at the same time, only half done and won't get another chance until maybe Wednesday. Too bad there's no way to send it to where it's needed!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Been getting a decent amount of rain here too. Usually the summer rain storms go either north or south of here and skip over us. Lawn grew about 6" this past week. I'm headed out to mow it when the wife gets home. I can't make it two weeks right now. Been there and did that last spring. 5hrs and 4 gallons of gas later my field was turned back into my lawn.
Ingersoll 4016
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

This corner

C4C0F9FC-F8BA-4B85-AA03-5827A0DE726E.jpeg

is asking for this

514C53EF-95AA-4B9F-BD0A-9C1A440162F4.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I've torrential rain for four days. Everyone around me had their yards turned into ponds. So much rain the ditches couldn't handle it all. I mowed last week and in my back yard I was driving through water and just blowing water and grass every where. I had to be careful not to throw wet grass on my house, patio, shed and pool. My garden was completely under water and the plants are all turning yellow. I think it's all going to die and forget about a garden this year. With the hard winds and rain many people had branches down. I did have some evergreen trees blow down in my tree nursery which needed to be cut down anyway. I wouldn't wish this weather on anyone.

Keep the Peace
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I know Harry, we had about 3 weeks of rain, only got a break this weekend. A few days ago a small tornado hit a town just 40 minutes to the South of us, lots of damage.

Our lot here is so low that most of the winter the entire lawn is under water if the temperatures are high enough. I wanted so much to have a garden that I brought in 10 tonnes of top soil, to raise it a bit because we like planting garlic in the Fall and didn't want it to stay under water all Winter. These last 3 week I was worried that the garlic will rot, from all the rain. Pulled it out yesterday and it's mostly fine. The few tomato plants we got are fine too, most likely because of that top soil that I got. Meanwhile the prairies farms are hurting big time because of the heat and drought. Crazy weather patterns.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

I'm in the dry zone :violin: Seems like in the last 3 months we get some rain every week and a half or 2, 2-3 tenths each time in my gauge. The humidity from the lakes drying up has kept the dew point high, and I think the morning dew is the only thing keeping the corn and beans alive now.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Harry wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:11 am I've torrential rain for four days. Everyone around me had their yards turned into ponds. So much rain the ditches couldn't handle it all. I mowed last week and in my back yard I was driving through water and just blowing water and grass every where. I had to be careful not to throw wet grass on my house, patio, shed and pool. My garden was completely under water and the plants are all turning yellow. I think it's all going to die and forget about a garden this year. With the hard winds and rain many people had branches down. I did have some evergreen trees blow down in my tree nursery which needed to be cut down anyway. I wouldn't wish this weather on anyone.

Keep the Peace
Harry
Wow , thats sucks Harry .
Stay safe .
Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder