Gardens 2023

It's ground engaging time. Seeds, manure, soil, and everything that goes with them. But that's not all. Cutting and hauling wood, chainsaws and the works!
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Gardens 2023

Post by JSinMO »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:36 pm I can not vouch for the solar fences , BUT I can tell you the plug inveriety packs one hell of punch . In my carelessness I tested it once again yesterday .
:cuss: :!: will strikes on a sunny day . :headbash: :headbash: The :wife: was standing next to me when I did it . :bla: :smash: Pay attention , that hurts she says . No :cuss: I said as I stand there shaking from being electrocuted again .
Now it is for horses and has a length of fence rated in miles . If anyone ever needs the heart started at my place I know what to do .
I’m very curious to see what this will do. Unfortunately I can’t convince anyone to test it so when I turn it on I guess I get to ride the :!: :42: :(( :109: :rofl:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

JSinMO wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:25 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:36 pm I can not vouch for the solar fences , BUT I can tell you the plug inveriety packs one hell of punch . In my carelessness I tested it once again yesterday .
:cuss: :!: will strikes on a sunny day . :headbash: :headbash: The :wife: was standing next to me when I did it . :bla: :smash: Pay attention , that hurts she says . No :cuss: I said as I stand there shaking from being electrocuted again .
Now it is for horses and has a length of fence rated in miles . If anyone ever needs the heart started at my place I know what to do .
I’m very curious to see what this will do. Unfortunately I can’t convince anyone to test it so when I turn it on I guess I get to ride the :!: :42: :(( :109: :rofl:
Use a fiberglass handled hammer, touch the head to the steel post and slowly move the other side of the head to the wire. The bigger the gap the spark jumps the more it will kick butt ;) My buddies will do 1/2 inch easy :O

:cheers:
Gordy
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

JSinMO wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:25 pm
I tested when first installed with one of these
image.png
and a jumper wire . It was not as bright as an ignition coil puts out but bright enough to see out in the sun light . FYI
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

:45: come on you guys :really: stop giving ideas. I wanted to see a video of of him grabbing on to that sucker. :114: :!: :O :rofl:
Sorry Jeff. :blush:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Timj wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:03 am :45: come on you guys :really: stop giving ideas. I wanted to see a video of of him grabbing on to that sucker. :114: :!: :O :rofl:
It's the only way to really know it works! :giggle:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by JSinMO »

Timj wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:03 am :45: come on you guys :really: stop giving ideas. I wanted to see a video of of him grabbing on to that sucker. :114: :!: :O :rofl:
Gee thanks Tim! :rofl:

I’m sure it’s considered cruel and unusual punishment today but, I got told to go check the fence plenty of times at home when I was growing up. This has always been my tester!
IMG_3618.jpeg
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

JSinMO wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:46 am

I’m sure it’s considered cruel and unusual punishment today but, I got told to go check the fence plenty of times at home when I was growing up. This has always been my tester!
IMG_3618.jpeg
Ha ha, been there done that. We would do all the stupid stuff when we were young, grab someone then grab the fence, con a unknowing sucker into grabbing it. The big one with the " weed burner" would really get your attention. :rofl:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:

Post by JSinMO »

Timj wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:17 pm
JSinMO wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:46 am

IMG_3618.jpeg
Ha ha, been there done that. We would do all the stupid stuff when we were young, grab someone then grab the fence, con a unknowing sucker into grabbing it. The big one with the " weed burner" would really get your attention. :rofl:

Yup same here. I had a cousin that accidentally pee on it one time. I think he just about came out of his shoes! :rofl:

Post by JSinMO »

I went out this evening and got the fence set up and turned on. I guess it’s time to test it. I felt it was time to pass the torch or in this case the :!:
IMG_3620.jpeg
After a lot of goading I got him to touch it! :rofl:
The fence works, he jumped! I touched it too so I could give a fair report. I have to say I wasn’t very impressed. Yes it gives a shock but it’s no where near what one that you plug into power puts out. I don’t think it will stop a sly raccoon. I guess we’ll see. This is a Galloway solar fencer just in case someone wants to try it.
IMG_3615.jpeg
Now here’s a question for the electrically knowledgeable folks here.

My :wife: brought 2 of these home, she got them on sale of course. Now I know why! The question is since I have 2 can I hook them together to up the voltage?
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

There's a chance that one might fry the other one. Do you have any specs for it?

But keep in mind that the raccoon isn't wearing shoes, it'll feel a bigger zap.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: